Saints interested in Kruger (1 Viewer)

Kruger is rated as the best OLB in free agency. If we signed him, we would then be able to draft strictly BPA at any position. I know Kruger won't be cheap, but he is guaranteed to be a starter and is guaranteed to be an upgrade over what we have. If we don't sign Kruger, then we will only be able to hope and pray that the right rookie falls to us in the draft. Then we gotta hope that the rookie is ready to be a starter in the NFL. That's a lot of hoping and praying.

Kruger is a sure thing. A proven vet. A proven starter. I trust hIm more than I would trust any of the promising rookies on the board. The more I think about this, the more I think this is a move the Saints NEED to make. Sign Kruger, and then our draft possibilities are endless. This is getting interesting.

Literally, all this was said about jason david.

Literally, all this was said about jason david.

I made the mistake of not reading the thread before posting. I just woke up, I got excited, then I posted without reading all of the comments. Bad mistake lol. I didn't realize Kruger was asking for so much money. I also assumed that since he is the highest rated OLB in free agency, that his stats would be better. But they are actually very average.

I got too excited.. The good news is... I'm not Loomis :ezbill:

As most people have already said, i can see us signing one high-profile FA come 8pm tonight (UK time) which will make people sit up and notice that SP and Loomis are back!

Not sure if it will be Kruger, IMO the Browns have so much cap space we could never outbid them, but maybe we pick up someone like Barwin, Ed Reed, Lewis or even Wallace...

Anyway i cant wait until FA opens, even if its just to satisfy my need for offseason exitement! After this we only have the draft and then OTA's..... ugh

Sweet last name and all but I'd pass on Kruger especially at his alleged asking price.

Kruger is rated as the best OLB in free agency. If we signed him, we would then be able to draft strictly BPA at any position. I know Kruger won't be cheap, but he is guaranteed to be a starter and is guaranteed to be an upgrade over what we have. If we don't sign Kruger, then we will only be able to hope and pray that the right rookie falls to us in the draft. Then we gotta hope that the rookie is ready to be a starter in the NFL. That's a lot of hoping and praying.

Kruger is a sure thing. A proven vet. A proven starter. I trust him more than I would trust any of the promising rookies on the board. The more I think about this, the more I think this is a move the Saints NEED to make. Sign Kruger, and then our draft possibilities are endless. This is getting interesting.

Sure thing? Far from it.

I agree Kruger is far from a sure thing. 9 sacks in a contract year and prior to that he had a total of 6.5 over his first 3 years. I understand he played more because of Suggs' injury but I still hope we don't sign him, especially if he will garner more than 5 million and he will.

Saints are going to be interested in a lot of guys on defense. Its just window shopping. We have no money to buy anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom