Saints Interested in Matt Forte (1 Viewer)

BWS

Reaction score
According to kffl.com:

Saints | Team to meet with Forte
Fri, 4 Apr 2008 10:07:42 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the New Orleans Saints will meet with Tulane University RB Matt Forte next week.

We'd have to pick him with our 2nd, which I wouldn't mind too much, he is a beast afterall

nothing real "news" . its obvious that the saints go to his pro , its just around the corner i guess.

some food for thougts : we hadnt had a workout with meachem last year :)

Yep I'm a huge fan of Matt Forte. The guy is going to be the steal of the draft. Not really sure you can classify him as a steal with where he'll be picked, but I really think he's going to suprise a lot of people. I'd love to see us grab him

I don't know if this is a smokescreen, They have been interested in the kid for quite some time. I don't know whether or not they feel that he's worth a second round pick but they are interested in the kid for sure.

too bad the Saints won't have a second round pick after trading it for Shockey.

But if he were there in the third....to bad the Saints won't have a third after trading up in the first round with the Pats to get Ellis.

Detillier said on WWL last night that if you like Joe Addai, you will like Forte as they are the same back. That was higher praise than I expected, but if true, he obviously would be worth the #2.

I like how people are comparing him to Addai. I would still rather D with our 2nd round pick.

I doubt this is a smokescreen b/c of the growing uncertainty about Deuce's return. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we picked a RB with our second pick. I think we'll go defense in round one and then pick up either the best available RB or WR in round 2.

I'd take Ray Rice personally. Guys a workhorse.
Might turn out to be the best in the class.

Forte is great value in round 2. I'm thinking Ellis will be gone, possibly to Oakland at #4, so trade down with Philly and pick up Sheppard.

Keith Rivers may even be available at 19...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom