Saints Interested in PK Taylor Mehlhaff (1 Viewer)

BWS

Reaction score
From kffl.com:

Saints | Mehlhaff receiving interest from team
Tue, 1 Apr 2008 17:39:57 -0700

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Wisconsin PK Taylor Mehlhaff is receiving interest from the New Orleans Saints.

I hope that we will have at least one rookie place kicker in camp. Either we draft one late, or grab one as UDFA.

I have a feeling that the Saints will not be fully satisfied with having Grammatica at the kicker. He has average range at this point in his career and is below average on kickoffs. In my book, kicker is definitely a position that can use an upgrade.

Mehlhaff

I have a feeling that the Saints will not be fully satisfied with having Grammatica at the kicker. He has average range at this point in his career and is below average on kickoffs. In my book, kicker is definitely a position that can use an upgrade.

Mehlhaff consistently did kick-offs through the uprights! If the Saints can either draft him in the 7th round or sign him as an undrafted rookie, he would provide competition in camp and possibly could be kept as a second PK for kick-offs or on the practice squad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom