Saints [interested in] Revis? RUMOR (1 Viewer)

What would you guys think is fair compensation for him? I'm afraid the Jets will want an arm and a leg.

I'd give them Ivory, this year's 3rd, and next year's 2nd.

Wasn't Payton seen talking extensively with Rex Ryan at the combine?

Yes, Rex were also seen, by a reliable source, at Mahalo Mikes passing Payton a Revis jersey and a clay mold of an island.

If Loomis can get us from $20+ mill over the cap in a week... that Revis contract will be easy for him.

He did that by adding 5.4 million to the cap each season for 2014-2016 that can't be removed, getting Revis would be great but extremely unlikely.

I am very uncomfortable of this news....not against the talent of Revis....but the fact that Loomis knows that the Saints can't compete in discovering, and then developing talent. So that leaves the only 2 ways remaing....the all expensive trade, or FA.....

I don't like it one bit....

I am very uncomfortable of this news....not against the talent of Revis....but the fact that Loomis knows that the Saints can't compete in discovering, and then developing talent. So that leaves the only 2 ways remaing....the all expensive trade, or FA.....

I don't like it one bit....

This is not "news". It's the random rantings of a rumor mongerer without actual sources.

This is not "news". It's the random rantings of a rumor mongerer without actual sources.

Let's just hope that this is nothing but some idiot making stupid remarks, without any facts....

While Incarcerated Bob has zero credibility, I do not think it would be so farfetched for the Saints to pursue Revis assuming they can make it work cap wise. It would give Rob Ryan the shutdown CB that makes his defense effective. He had it in Oakland with Nnamdi Asomugha, sought it with Joe Haden and Morris Claiborne in Cleveland and Dallas, respectively, and will try to find someone who can fulfill that role.

If this is the case, why not go instead for Nnamdi? Certainly would come cheaper, chances are he is going to be released and Rob knows him well.

This would be good for both the player and team, he is a local boy, and he is in the worst moment of his career, New Orleans will be the perfect place to bounce back.

Only thing that would scare me is that he is 31 years old already, but it will all depend on the contract.

If this is the case, why not go instead for Nnamdi? Certainly would come cheaper, chances are he is going to be released and Rob knows him well.

This would be good for both the player and team, he is a local boy, and he is in the worst moment of his career, New Orleans will be the perfect place to bounce back.

Only thing that would scare me is that he is 31 years old already, but it will all depend on the contract.

I'd rather roll with Greer, Robinson, Mack, and White plus an additional draft pick, to be honest.

We'll probably be able to sign one legit starter in free agency, and if we do so I'd rather it be at Safety.

I can't see the Saints making a serious effort to get this guy.

I agree. Nnamdi would be a much cheaper alternative.

Yes he was pretty bad with the Eagles but I think that was mostly because he was used completely wrong there. In his years prior in Oakland, he was a top flight shutdown corner, generally sticking to a side of the field. When he went to Philadelphia they tried to make him a Charles Woodson clone, lining him up everywhere. This was a defensive move made by an OL coach. By the time they tried correcting it, that defense was already in shambles.

I'd love if the Saints could have both Nnamdi and Greer on either sides. They won't produce many turnovers, but they would help with coverage sacks and more incompletes.

I'd rather roll with Greer, Robinson, Mack, and White plus an additional draft pick, to be honest.

We'll probably be able to sign one legit starter in free agency, and if we do so I'd rather it be at Safety.

Agree on the safety. That position and tight end are the best value to grab on free agency, or in other words, are the cheapest, something to consider in this tough cap times.

There are several young safeties available on free agency (Jeremiah Bell, Louis Delmas), and I would not mind looking on how much it will cost us to bring Anthony Fasano to replace Dave Thomas. And if we are bringing a corner, Rogers-Cromartie will be free and we can look at the past and think if Tracy Porter would come from cheap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom