Saints interested in Tate (Rumor) (1 Viewer)

He hasn’t really produced in his last two spots (PHI and NYG). He’s better than no receivers though lol
Almost 900 yards in 2018 (with two different teams) and almost 700 6TDs last year, with a rookie QB and a bunch of other receiving options. Plus, 1K yards 3 out of 4 years right before 2018. I’d take that as our 3rd option going forward.

With the loss of Fowler and M.T health struggles im open to it. With this being an all in year im not concerned about the Saints trading draft picks to shore up both sides of ball. In addition if need be the Saints have assets they can trade to retool roster their roster this offseason

I would have like this move two years ago

I hear you but even at 32 years old Golden Tate could be a solid #3. Just look at his stats from last season with the Giants catching passes from Eli Manning and Daniel Jones:

49 rec, 676 yards, 6 TDs

Last season our #2 & #3 WRs (Ted Ginn and Tre'Quan Smith) combined for:

48 rec, 439 yards, 7 TDs

Tate has about $5 million left on his deal for this year and a dead cap hit of about ~$5 million if we cut him after this season.

You’d basically be paying at least $10 million (plus draft compensation) for someone to get you through the next two weeks without Sanders and Thomas. That’s $10 million that would otherwise go to extensions for our younger players when the cap rolls over.

HARD pass.

Tate has about $5 million left on his deal for this year and a dead cap hit of about ~$5 million if we cut him after this season.

You’d basically be paying at least $10 million (plus draft compensation) for someone to get you through the next two weeks without Sanders and Thomas. That’s $10 million that would otherwise go to extensions for our younger players when the cap rolls over.

HARD pass.

Unless they fear Thomas is going to miss 4-5 more weeks because of this hamstring, then I'd pass and roll with who we have.

HARD pass.
The objective should be to go all in for Drew’s last year. We could worry about next year when the time comes. I’d rather not have to think about “what could’ve been” by not making moves. The past 3 years does that enough for me personally. If you are not trying to get better, then you are only getting worse.

It
The objective should be to go all in for Drew’s last year. We could worry about next year when the time comes. I’d rather not have to think about “what could’ve been” by not making moves. The past 3 years does that enough for me personally. If you are not trying to get better, then you are only getting worse.
It hurts to think if we had Sanders Last year Saints get first round bye, homefield through playoffs and probably make Superbowl. Likewise in 18 another offensive playmaker would have helped. Draft picks dont mean crap when your goal is Superbowl. A Superbowl appearance is worth it for a couple down years. A Superbowl win is definitely worth it for a few down years

Amen :hihi:

Agreed 6th at best. Guy is past his prime and doesn’t get much separation anymore. Kinda like the guys we already have IMO

Pass. Like others have said, a few years ago but we need to start preparing for life after Drew and keep our picks.

Only makes sense to me if we're planning on dealing MT, which I understand most of the board thinks there's ZERO chance of. Not trying to highjack the thread, but history shows Payton will deal away talent if he doesn't like their attitude.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom