Saints interested in WR Emmanuel Sanders? (1 Viewer)

Disagree sanders is a beast

He's 32 years old and a free agent after the season. So you're talking about giving up a 3rd round pick or better for half a season of him? That's too much for me. My price was a 4th or lower. Wait 3 months and sign him if you want him. He'll be 33 then.

He's 32 years old and a free agent after the season. So you're talking about giving up a 3rd round pick or better for half a season of him? That's too much for me. My price was a 4th or lower. Wait 3 months and sign him if you want him. He'll be 33 then.
And ginn is 34 and sanders is way better than ginn

And ginn is 34 and sanders is way better than ginn

That’s fine. Half a season still isn’t worth a 3rd round pick. That pick could be an Alvin Kamara. Sanders could turn around and sign with another team next year. He could retire.

I think the Saints will wait as long as they can on a move like this. First, Drew isn’t due back for a couple of weeks and he would make better use of a player like Sanders

Second, and more importantly, the more games that pass, the lower the cap hit for this season. Each game takes a chunk off the top. I think they would jump if they thought they had to beat out someone, but shaving money off the top is something you can afford to do when you are 5-1.

If he leaves, you probably get a 3rd or 4th round compensatory for him unless we go sign another WR to a big contract, which we probably wouldn't. Give up a 3rd, win a Super Bowl, and worry about picks later. Because I promise you, if you told me losing a 3rd round pick would give us a Super Bowl, I'd trade it every day of the week. Now, a 1st round pick? I'm with you. But I'm not haggling over the difference between a 3 or a 4 if it's for a difference maker - and he is one.

If he leaves, you probably get a 3rd or 4th round compensatory for him unless we go sign another WR to a big contract, which we probably wouldn't. Give up a 3rd, win a Super Bowl, and worry about picks later. Because I promise you, if you told me losing a 3rd round pick would give us a Super Bowl, I'd trade it every day of the week. Now, a 1st round pick? I'm with you. But I'm not haggling over the difference between a 3 or a 4 if it's for a difference maker - and he is one.
Doubtful he gets a contract worthy of a 3rd or 4th comp pick.

Send Denver a 4th for Chris Harris Jr. Send Cincy a 6th or 7th for Eifert... then book tickets to Miami in February

Gosh I wish we would have made the move for Sanders.

Double whammy that one of the SB contenders from the NFC got him instead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom