Saints interested in WR Roy Williams? (2 Viewers)

Well if it means anything, I traded for Roy in Madden and Colston and Roy are a good tandem.

In reality, they would be an awesome combo and if the price is only a 2nd or picks from next year then we should be all over this.

I'd like to know more about these guy's sources. They are getting a ton of info fed to them; Its so much that it almost makes it seem made up.

They're at the NFL combine. It's really not hard, they're likely just talking to people. How reliable is it? Not very I'm sure. 90% of what they are hearing is what people want them to hear, i.e. teams trying to generate buzz for players they are trading, agents trying to drum up interest for clients, etc. I mean none of it is "hard hitting inside source" stuff, it's all scuttle-butt type stuff from other media and info that teams and agents are freely passing along.

i'd take him for our "next years" 2nd and 6th...... and if everyone we want is gone at 10 try to trade down a bit for an extra 2nd and next years 6th and try to get lofton and whomever....but if there is an elite 8 talent still there we gotta stay and grabb'm up!

could you imagine us getting Roy williams with next year's 2nd

picking up briggs and gay in the FA

and drafting

Lofton
BPA/CB
Cottom/best TE

can you say superbowl??

I would be all over Roy Williams. What a great pick-up.

LSSpam I suggested number 10 for Roy and Shaun Rogers do you think that is a possibility, and if you do is that a good deal in your opinion?

It would be awesome, if we got Roy alongside with Colston....

but there's too many ?'s if it did go down....

They're at the NFL combine. It's really not hard, they're likely just talking to people. How reliable is it? Not very I'm sure. 90% of what they are hearing is what people want them to hear, i.e. teams trying to generate buzz for players they are trading, agents trying to drum up interest for clients, etc. I mean none of it is "hard hitting inside source" stuff, it's all scuttle-butt type stuff from other media and info that teams and agents are freely passing along.

A great deal of the stuff on the Draftdaddy blog comes from Bongo. If Bongo posts something on a message board, you can bet in the next hour or so they'll put it up on their blog, word for word without all the dramatic punctuation and misspellings.

I'd love to get Roy Williams. I always thought of him as an elite WR stuck on bad team with a bad QB. For a 2nd round pick he's 10 times better than anyone we can get there and we can afford to pay him.

Last edited:
Just to keep the Bucs from getting R. Williams would be great not to mention next season there would be very little double coverage on Colston.

LSSpam I suggested number 10 for Roy and Shaun Rogers do you think that is a possibility, and if you do is that a good deal in your opinion?
Seems like an awful lot. Roy needs a new contract and is coming off an injury, Rogers has had motivation and weight issues his entire career.

I like both players and both represent something of a "need" for us, so there's a strong temptation to say "hey, it's two veterans with Pro Bowl potential and we're likely going to have to reach for need at #10 anyways". That said, that's an awful lot for essentially 2 question marks.

That's a tough call, but is at least modestly realistic for both sides. The Lions and the Saints would both have to entertain at least some variant of that deal if not that deal exactly.

Seems like an awful lot. Roy needs a new contract and is coming off an injury, Rogers has had motivation and weight issues his entire career.

I like both players and both represent something of a "need" for us, so there's a strong temptation to say "hey, it's two veterans with Pro Bowl potential and we're likely going to have to reach for need at #10 anyways". That said, that's an awful lot for essentially 2 question marks.

That's a tough call, but is at least modestly realistic for both sides. The Lions and the Saints would both have to entertain at least some variant of that deal if not that deal exactly.

Maybe they can put together some package deal for both players. According to Draftdaddy, the Lions want a 2nd rounder for Roy Williams and the best offer they got for Rogers so far was a 4th rounder. Since the other teams interested in Williams all pick after us (Tennessee, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay) maybe our 2nd for both would work out? If it does happen, it'll probably be right before the pick because the Lions probably want to see who's available first.

Not that its even possible... but the draft is a crapshoot... sure Rodgers has "issues", and Roy is coming off an injury, but both of these guys are proven.

That #10 pick could very well be Sully-esque... we put alot of hope into this pick, and there's a possibility that the player we take could be a huge bust.

If it wouldn't put us in cap hell... I'd do it.

You guys really think the Lions would trade Roy to us? A team in the NFC?

Last year we didn't get Dre' Bly from them, cause we were in the NFC.

I love the talkup of Connor - stuff I've always known getting to see him for a few years up here.

Bring him on - Roy, Vilma, Connor, and a decent DT and I'd be happy this offseason.

You guys really think the Lions would trade Roy to us? A team in the NFC?

Last year we didn't get Dre' Bly from them, cause we were in the NFC.

No, we didn't get Dre Bly because Denver was offering players that Detroit wanted.

Of course, those players were terrible, but hey, it's Matt Millen and he's bulletproof apparently.

Not that its even possible... but the draft is a crapshoot... sure Rodgers has "issues", and Roy is coming off an injury, but both of these guys are proven.

That #10 pick could very well be Sully-esque... we put alot of hope into this pick, and there's a possibility that the player we take could be a huge bust.

If it wouldn't put us in cap hell... I'd do it.

The crapshoot aspect of the 1st round is overrated. We've missed on what? One player in the 1st round in the past 7 years (To early to judge the 2007 draft)? Its fairly certain that whoever we take at number 10 will turn into an impact player for us. We've gotten Grant, Smith, Deuce, Bush, Brown, Stallworth, and Sullivan during that seven year period. Smith, Deuce, and Brown are all probowlers, and Grant should of went in 2004. Sullivan was a total miss. Stallworth was good and bad. He and Payton didn't mesh so we got rid of him for a 4th rounder 4 years later. Rushing problems aside, Bush has most certainely been an impact player for us.

IMO, proven players in FA have become just as much of a crapshoot as the 1st and 2nd rounds of the draft. Too many FA's garner success from their systems and don't pan out once they leave.

With that said, number 10 for Rogers and Williams? I'd probably do it.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom