Saints Interviewing a Couple College Coaches For DL Spot (1 Viewer)

Javon7143

InYourFace
Reaction score
Take it for what it's worth. He's been spot on so far.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">**SOURCE** NEW ORLEANS SAINTS ARE SET TO INTERVIEW Ryan Nielsen (NC State) and Craig Kuligowski (Miami) for open DL coaching position</p>&mdash; Bryan (@BryanTNR) <a href="https://twitter.com/BryanTNR/status/827162398217887744">February 2, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I wonder if this means Bo Davis and Van Gorder either did not impress or did not want the job.

I would take Coach "Kool". He was good at Missouri. He coached some good ones. Sheldon Richardson, Aldon Smith, Kony Ealy, etc.

I would take Coach "Kool". He was good at Missouri. He coached some good ones. Sheldon Richardson, Aldon Smith, Kony Ealy, etc.

Without a doubt, hands down! He was at the VERY top of my wish list when we let Bill Johnson go.

The man can coach and has coached many, many, many NFL caliber defensive linemen.

Currently, Charles Harris of Mizzou, is another 1st round talent that he coached up.

Great to see they're taking the process very seriously. The best competitions involve multiple strong candidates, not necessarily the fan favourite names.

Karl Dunbar would be another on my short list. Louisiana born with tons of experience and success all over the NFL and now at Bama.

Not only that, Mark Richt hired him before he hired the defensive coordinator at Miami. Gary Pinkel called Richt and gave him a tip that he may not be retained, and Richt called him within five minutes to offer him a job. This would be an outstanding hire in my opinion.

not sure if the proper way to determine if a DL coach is good by the stud players he coached. To me, it would be more impressive if he took a few average guys and made them better rather than coaching stud players. Sorta like saying a teacher is great because they taught a genius.

not sure if the proper way to determine if a DL coach is good by the stud players he coached. To me, it would be more impressive if he took a few average guys and made them better rather than coaching stud players. Sorta like saying a teacher is great because they taught a genius.

He did develop those players into stud d linemen. Missouri was not a recruiting powerhouse.

He did develop those players into stud d linemen. Missouri was not a recruiting powerhouse.

Correct. Most of them were middle of the pack recruits. I'm conflicted since I'm a canes fan seeing him just recruit DL who came to play for him then possibly leave right after signing day.

You make a great point, and actually add to Kul's credibility.

This is exactly why I wouldn't want a Bama coach, they are always starting with a loaded deck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom