Saints interviewing former Browns DC Joe Woods (1 Viewer)

Man finally got
Someone else on board to see the light. A year of misery for a decade of Excitement and possible SB appearances. You hire a New Orleanian to coach him who has experience with his clone.

6613A11A-D89B-4333-BFD4-66B3F3251EEC.jpeg

Man finally got
Someone else on board to see the light. A year of misery for a decade of Excitement and possible SB appearances. You hire a New Orleanian to coach him who has experience with his clone.

6613A11A-D89B-4333-BFD4-66B3F3251EEC.jpeg
Hey this wouldn't be a bad move at all!

Whether people "want" to believe in him or not, he's made it nearly impossible to actually believe in him as a head coach. I'm not rooting against our team. I hope we go out and kill it and he somehow turns the corner and resembles a real NFL head coach next year.

But based on what we've seen? There's virtually no shot. The incompetence has been at unbelievable levels. Like you said, there's no evidence to support believing in him. I don't think that there are fans rooting for his failure, but it's not unreasonable to second guess decisions given how things have unfolded up to this point.
I was responding to a specific post by someone saying they don’t want to believe in him.

As for the rest of your post, regardless of anyone feels about DA, what’s the point in crapping of every tiny thing? Instead of looking at each move/interview/rumor objectively and figure out the pros and cons?

If someone wants to say Woods would be a bad hire because of some specific scheme reason or something, fine. But people responding to every thread with some variation of “DA stinks!” doesn’t accomplish much imo.

I was responding to a specific post by someone saying they don’t want to believe in him.

As for the rest of your post, regardless of anyone feels about DA, what’s the point in crapping of every tiny thing? Instead of looking at each move/interview/rumor objectively and figure out the pros and cons?

If someone wants to say Woods would be a bad hire because of some specific scheme reason or something, fine. But people responding to every thread with some variation of “DA stinks!” doesn’t accomplish much imo.

Look, in all honesty for the direction that this organization wants to go in, this actually is a really good hire. We were never going to go out and hire a young up and coming defensive mind; the system is already set and we just need someone who Dennis trusts to coach his system.

My initial response in this thread was satire and meme'ing just because I'm not a fan of how things have been handled since Sean's departure and how they continue to be handled despite a massive failure in year one. So sure, I'll admit to being negative about it for honestly no other reason than disagreeing with the direction that this franchise is going. For what Mickey and Dennis are trying to accomplish? This would be a good hire. From a big picture standpoint, I don't think this regime will have an ounce of success so naturally I won't be the ball of sunshine when the predictable moves continue to pour in.

Always kinda funny seeing unsuccessful people, critique the people that have accomplished something in life 😂
Absolutely wild response.

Are you suggesting that people in this thread critiquing aren't successful? Is being an NFL coach your standard for accomplishing something in life?

Nicks holding the company line, fluff it up!

Oh my, the saints are the island of misfit coaches. If you can’t hack it elsewhere, come on down.
If he's so good then how come no one hired him already? Oh, wait...nevermind

Is it unheard of for a guy like Aaron Glenn to come back and take a lateral job as the Saints DC? Knows the system. Knows the staff. Only question is would he be willing to let DA call the plays if that’s ultimately what DA’s gripe currently is. I remember the players saying they loved playing for Glenn and his name has been thrown around multiple HC vacancies the last few years. My assumption is it’s rare something like that would ever happen though? Kinda like Fangio going back to a team as a DC that recently fired him as the HC 😂

Dennis Allen had some decent coaches on his Raiders staff

Bobby April
John DeFilippo (QB coach for Eagles SB win)
Greg Olson OC
Al Saunders Offensive Assistant(Rams and Chiefs under Dick Vermeil)
Bob Sanders LBs (Not the Colts safety) currently coaching the Bucs LBs
And still failed epically... I wonder why

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom