Saints Involved in Lawsuit over Fleur-de-Lis Logo and Name (2 Viewers)

well, my great grandfather came up with "go **** yourself" asterisks and all!

The descendants of the inventor of the cesspool are suing Atlanta.

The case is specious on its face and I didn't wade through all the filings, but I did notice one thing that might affect our perspective on this. In his rambling, discursive complaint, M. Messier comments,

This case attempts to apply a reflecting mirror of the "cease and desist" orders the NFL issued to small vendors in the fall of 2009.

In other words, the whole thing might be understood as piece of agitprop on behalf of the "small vendors."

It's silly in any case and surprising that it hasn't already been dismissed (if indeed that's the case). But this kind of stuff is one of those annoyances of the legal process, and an unavoidable cost of our right to petition for redress of grievances. These cases go away, the defense attorneys get a fee, sometimes sanctions are awarded for frivilous filings but they're rarely collected. Hooray, legal system!

Yeah...and I want all the money I'm owed for inventing the question mark. Even if everything he said was true, the point is that the fleur-de-lis came into existence WELL before his family.

HAHA Is he serious if he knew anything about the fleur de leis he would know that its way older than he or the saints and or nfl are so yeah he's a idiot TBH this reminds me of the whole Who Dat thing that was going down a few months ago.

for those wondering here's a link on the history of the Fleur De Leis from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleur-de-lis

This just in...

Mr Ed
Mister_Ed-thumb.png

suing colts

indianapolis-colts-logo-150x150.jpg

If you're comparing this guy in Rutland to Mr. Ed., you're showing the wrong end of the horse.

I'm pretty sure I'm related to Julius Caesar, so I'm going to so little Caesars and the hotel.

This has to be an April Fools joke. If it isnt, then he needs to make sure to sue Bosnia, St Louis, and quite a few other places because those ******** are using his symbol!
Oh yeah, and also the Boy Scouts.

If it isnt, then he needs to make sure to sue Bosnia, St Louis, and quite a few other places because those ******** are using his symbol!
Oh yeah, and also the Boy Scouts.

Actually, he's okay with the use of the fleur-de-lis in not-for-profit situations like flags and public structures, even mentioning the Boy Scouts specifically. From the lawsuit:

9. My Founding Family believes and is willing to concede non-profit applications benefiting our world community in tasteful, reasonable peaceful, moral and ethical applications are acceptable including but not limited to geopolitical flags, and other applications consistent with examples would include but are not limited to Churches, and the Boy Scouts of America.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom