Saints Involved in Lawsuit over Fleur-de-Lis Logo and Name (1 Viewer)

So if he wins the suit I guess I'll have to send him a royalty check for my tattoo. :spit:
I would imagine he would take bigger issue with the person you paid for the tattoo, since he made a profit from his family's symbol.

Actually, he's okay with the use of the fleur-de-lis in not-for-profit situations like flags and public structures, even mentioning the Boy Scouts specifically. From the lawsuit:
Dont cities make a profit? Some of them using the logo as well. THis whole thing reeks of cash grabbing silliness.

Dont cities make a profit? Some of them using the logo as well. THis whole thing reeks of cash grabbing silliness.
I don't know. I guess they do but I'm not sure it's directly related to whatever symbol they use. Possible though. 100% agree that this is a cash grab. No if's, and's or but's about that.

Where were all these jerk offs when the Saints were losing year after year. 1-15,2-14, etc...NOW they sue. NOW!? Want $$? Go get a job, losers!

Fleur-de-lis means french lily flower. The logo has been used for hundreds of years. The king of Spain still uses it on his coat of arms and the Grand Duke of Luxembourg, both of which are members of the House of Bourbon. Various countries still use it today. The Bienville brothers WORE the logo but they did not create it. This guy has no claim. He is just out for a quick buck. I hope the NFL and Saints counter-sue for pain and suffering. :ezbill:

The Coat of Arms for my family name is a Black shield, with a wide diagonal purple stripe. That has three gold Fleur DE Lis on it. My sir name is Welsh/English. The name is probably Norman. The three Fleur DE Lis represent. The Farther, Son and Holy Ghost. I hope the Saints sue this guy for all the legal expensive s.

Awesome. Karma coming back to bite the NFL for their actions last year with people trying to make a buck with t-shirts and bumper stickers.

No one owns the Fleur de Lis.:smilielol: That guy is a dumb*** if he thinks he has a chance of winning that suit.

DomePatrol2005 said:
This just in...

Mr Ed

suing colts

Airtight case, in my opinion.

Mmm, I don't know. Not sure Ed has a leg to stand on.

But regarding the FDL suit, I think PayorPlay might have the right call here. Sounds to me like the guy is taking a whack at the NFL for their attempt to own "Who Dat".

Awesome. Karma coming back to bite the NFL for their actions last year with people trying to make a buck with t-shirts and bumper stickers.

:9: agreed. does the suit address any local businesses that use the icon regularly....like say the state of louisiana or the city of new orleans in particular? if the guy is just trying to take a slice of the NFL pie then i have no pity for the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom