Saints involved in trade talks for Robert Quinn (Update: Will visit Saints Monday 3/25) (1 Viewer)

Did Ziggy sign anywhere yet ? . . . I don't watch other NFL shows, just Saints report.

Word is that nobody felt too good about his shoulder yet and teams wanted to wait. It is either that or they just didn't feel good enough about his shoulder to give him the money he wanted. Regardless, there were not any reports of anyone actually offering him a contract that I saw.

Word is that nobody felt too good about his shoulder yet and teams wanted to wait. It is either that or they just didn't feel good enough about his shoulder to give him the money he wanted. Regardless, there were not any reports of anyone actually offering him a contract that I saw.

The perfect scenario... Ziggy finds out his current market value is a whole lot less than than he thought it would be, decides that the best "situation" for him to prove himself is the New Orleans defense, and then goes out (with a fleur d'lis on his helmet), and shows the world that he's worth elite edge rusher money, winning a superbowl in the process, after he, Cam, and Dav join to break the all time NFL team record for sacks in a single season.

and shows the world that he's worth elite edge rusher money, winning a superbowl in the process, after he, Cam, and Dav join to break the all time NFL team record for sacks in a single season.
I'd take this scenario any day and twice on Sundays.

That tells me that Hendrickson does not enjoy the confidence of the coaching staff, or at least they are looking for an upgrade.

Which sucks, because by all reports, he had a really good camp last year. I feel like acquiring Quinn is more luxury than necessity. But at the same time, Hendrickson barely saw the field last season. It’s weird.

Which sucks, because by all reports, he had a really good camp last year. I feel like acquiring Quinn is more luxury than necessity. But at the same time, Hendrickson barely saw the field last season. It’s weird.

Another case of preseason being the biggest charade in sports. When it's the players that won't make your team vs the players that won't make their team... it's hard to get a good read. Hendrickson was the emergency emergency DE depth last season.

Getting Quinn would be a luxury if Davenport didn't have the toe problem.
I don't see Quinn (or whoever) as a luxury. We need 3 solid pass rushers in this pass heavy league. You need that 3rd solid performer to have a non-stop rotation and the ability to fill in when those injuries inevitably happen. The days of 2 starters and an acceptable drop off in talent at #3 are passing us by.

I don't see Quinn (or whoever) as a luxury. We need 3 solid pass rushers in this pass heavy league. You need that 3rd solid performer to have a non-stop rotation and the ability to fill in when those injuries inevitably happen. The days of 2 starters and an acceptable drop off in talent at #3 are passing us by.
I agree with this and also expect to see more and more NASCAR type packages with DEs moving inside on passing downs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom