Saints involved in trade talks for Robert Quinn (Update: Will visit Saints Monday 3/25) (1 Viewer)

I don't think this has anything to do with Davenport's toe. This has to do with that teams have to get pressue on the QBs in this pass happy league and having quality depth at the position is a must. Miami is in complete rebuild so I'm sure the price won't be too high for him and they'd pay on his contract. If the FO can make it happen where we don't give up too high of a 2020 pick and our cap hit isn't too bad, this is a good move.

BTW, little insight here:

The Fins are stockpiling picks, especially 2020, to make a move for a QB in the draft. In this case, Stephen Ross is pretty much willing to BUY a draft pick because the Fins wouldn't incur any dead money if he is just straight cut. He's willing to put up some $$ to offset whatever cap hit the new team takes on.

It's a little different way of doing what the Browns did with Osweiler a couple years ago.

So, NFL gonna allow a blatant tank job like this with no repercussions?

I guess the new NFL formula for success is to trash a team. Draft a rookie salary cap QB and buy a team.

The New Orleans Saints are considering all avenues of adding a veteran pass rusher. The team is discussing a trade with the Miami Dolphins to acquire defensive end Robert Quinn, per multiple reports. Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald first reported that the Saints and Dolphins were in talks, and Ian Rapoport of NFL Networkconfirmed it. New Orleans previously hosted Detroit Lions pass rusher Ziggy Ansah on a free agent visit, but they held reservations surrounding his injured shoulder and did not reach a contract agreement.

Adding another pass rusher is a big concern for the Saints. Cameron Jordan and Marcus Davenport are projected to bookend the defensive line in 2019, but the departure of third wheel Alex Okafor to the Kansas City Chiefs created a void that nobody on the roster is ready to fill. The best teams rotate their pass rushers in waves, keeping everyone fresh. Rolling three-deep with Jordan, Davenport, and Quinn would be a great move

The New Orleans Saints are considering all avenues of adding a veteran pass rusher. The team is discussing a trade with the Miami Dolphins to acquire defensive end Robert Quinn, per multiple reports. Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald first reported that the Saints and Dolphins were in talks, and Ian Rapoport of NFL Networkconfirmed it. New Orleans previously hosted Detroit Lions pass rusher Ziggy Ansah on a free agent visit, but they held reservations surrounding his injured shoulder and did not reach a contract agreement.

Adding another pass rusher is a big concern for the Saints. Cameron Jordan and Marcus Davenport are projected to bookend the defensive line in 2019, but the departure of third wheel Alex Okafor to the Kansas City Chiefs created a void that nobody on the roster is ready to fill. The best teams rotate their pass rushers in waves, keeping everyone fresh. Rolling three-deep with Jordan, Davenport, and Quinn would be a great move
That tells me that Hendrickson does not enjoy the confidence of the coaching staff, or at least they are looking for an upgrade.

He is a de/lb, so that could be fun. I wonder what caused his drop off in performance.
He doesn't fit at all in a 3-4 front, according to what I've read. Coupled with injuries his last few years with the Rams (he hasn't had double digit sacks since 2014), and a putrid defensive front seven in Miami last year (even in a down year he still led their team in sacks and tackles for loss), I think that he's just not been in a good situation.

I wonder If the Saints think that the bad toe that Davenport has may be causing concerns ?

Coach Pete said that the Davenport injury is completely fixable. He will have to increase strength in his lower leg, ankle and foot, but he said that Davenport should recover fully. And Pete gets Insider on Davenport from his old coaching buddies at UTSA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom