Saints involved in trade talks for Robert Quinn (Update: Will visit Saints Monday 3/25) (2 Viewers)

I wonder If the Saints think that the bad toe that Davenport has may be causing concerns ?

Between Quinn's nearly 12 mil salary and the Saints lack of draft capital, this seems like a long shot. Probably still legit news, but man the source is rough. The article is poorly written and Capitalizing Every Word In A Tweet Looks Click-Baity.

Miami already paid his roster bonus, and they are willing to eat some of his salary, so you would probably be looking at more of a 7 million dollar cap hit for him

This is interesting. Seems like Quinn has been in the league forever but at 28, he's still a year younger than Ziggy Ansah. Quinn has averaged around 9 Sacks a season compared to Ansah's 8. Quinn has played in at least 15 games every year of his career except two.

All things being equal it seems like Quinn would be a safer option. But the Saints interest in DEs has me wondering about Davenport. It doesn't seem like the FO feels like he's ready to take on the full time gig. It would be one thing if they were just looking at some DE depth. They are being linked to proven starters.

Edit: I'm not worried about Davenport at all. Just thinking out loud.

Last edited:
Quinn is one of those guys that used to give Sean Payton and our O Line fits. He obviously gives you more against the pass than the run, but still has that quickness and bend around the edge to get home to QBs. We won't be getting into any bidding wars for his services, but at the right price this makes a ton of sense imo. Fwiw I'm also on board picking up Ziggy on a short term prove it deal. I think a rotation makes a lot of sense with Davenport coming off injury and Cam Jordan playing insane snap rates at his age. We obviously won't land Ziggy AND Quinn, but I'd be much more comfortable with our pass rush if we land one or the other.

I wonder If the Saints think that the bad toe that Davenport has may be causing concerns ?
Probably more to do with there being only four defensive ends on the roster currently, and only three that have ever taken an NFL snap (Jordan, Davenport, Hendrickson, and Tomasi Laulile). They went into most weeks last season with five, so they for all intents and purposes need to add at least two more legitimate contributors before camp.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom