Saints involved in trade talks for Robert Quinn (Update: Will visit Saints Monday 3/25) (1 Viewer)

Can someone explain to me this “need for pass rusher”

Cam Jordan and Davenport are suppose to be every down players.
The difference between a good and an elite pass rush is depth. You need atleast 4 really good rushers( 1 interior rusher and 3 edge) to dominate games.

For a third rounder is a no brainer. Heck throw in Peat for that trade and Bring Quinn in the building. Quinn is a great DE and team him with Jordan on the other side. Thats scary. Like Quinn game a lot.

Last edited:
Watched Quinn a lot last year. He flashed elite skills in preseason camp and games. Incredible bend and rush skills. He was unstoppable.

Regular season starts and his production falls off. Was it the scheme (entirely possible. No one was happy about the defense)? Was it other offenses scheming up to stop him? He was going against starters in preseason, so I don’t think it was competition level.

If it was scheme-based, he may very well still have the ability to be an elite pass-rusher. That’s what I’m sure teams are trying to determine.

Help please.... I've seen the $20 million figure associated with the Cowboys offer for Quinn. Where did that come from? Thx much!

The Dolphins
Watched Quinn a lot last year. He flashed elite skills in preseason camp and games. Incredible bend and rush skills. He was unstoppable.

Regular season starts and his production falls off. Was it the scheme (entirely possible. No one was happy about the defense)? Was it other offenses scheming up to stop him? He was going against starters in preseason, so I don’t think it was competition level.

If it was scheme-based, he may very well still have the ability to be an elite pass-rusher. That’s what I’m sure teams are trying to determine.

The Dolphins have some talent. I watched a few of their games last year and it was like many of the players mailed it in early and appeared to be playing more to avoid injuries than wins.

Brian Flores is bringing a 3-4 hybrid defense to Miami, which made Quinn a scheme mismatch. I mean there's that and the fact that Miami is in Tank for Tua mode. They're willing to pay some of Quinn's salary this season they did the same for Tannehill.

So whoever gets him will not pay the full salary for this year, and he's only signed for this season.

1)You can never have to many pass rushers.

2) A move like this allows us to slide Cam inside on 2nd and 3rd down, and have 3 elite pass rushers getting after the QB.

3) You can never have to many pass rushers...
I like 1 and 3. Oh and 2 also

Do the trade

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom