Saints involved in trade talks for Robert Quinn (Update: Will visit Saints Monday 3/25) (1 Viewer)

So whoever gets him will not pay the full salary for this year, and he's only signed for this season.

The tweet above your post though makes it sound like he’s making rounds with intentions of signing an extension with whoever can meet his financial terms.

Robert Quinn, like Eric Berry, ended visit with Cowboys without a deal

If Quinn is on a one year deal and does not want a new deal (i.e. no big signing bonus) or if we can do something like give Quinn a fake voidable year to convert money into a signing bonus with an additional year which wrecks our cap for next year a bit, but goes all in for this season I can see that. We have Davenport to start, I am not sure why DE after signing Edwards is such a great need but I can see how D line depth with the Rankins injury and Omenyata suspension could be even with the Brown signing at DT and the Davidson not resigning. If this is a one year rental and we can give up a 2020 pick or like a fifth this year maybe it is worth it. Miami clearly is unloading to rebuild after years of mediocrity to try to get a top QB. I am wondering what Suh's asking price is and if he wants to come to New Orleans. I also wonder if this is also posturing to bring Ziggy's price down.

Also, Dolphin has no leverage. They don't have to cut salary. They are trying to stockpile picks and get a QB in 2020. Quinn is only a 12 million salary expiring.

He just got traded in 2018. So, he has no dead money.

If Quinn is on a one year deal and does not want a new deal (i.e. no big signing bonus) or if we can do something like give Quinn a fake voidable year to convert money into a signing bonus with an additional year which wrecks our cap for next year a bit, but goes all in for this season I can see that. We have Davenport to start, I am not sure why DE after signing Edwards is such a great need but I can see how D line depth with the Rankins injury and Omenyata suspension could be even with the Brown signing at DT and the Davidson not resigning. If this is a one year rental and we can give up a 2020 pick or like a fifth this year maybe it is worth it. Miami clearly is unloading to rebuild after years of mediocrity to try to get a top QB. I am wondering what Suh's asking price is and if he wants to come to New Orleans. I also wonder if this is also posturing to bring Ziggy's price down.

I think they are looking at something similar to the Ellerbe deal a few years ago. The Dolphins gave him a new deal that converted salary to signing bonus and tacked on a few years. Then immediately traded him to the Saints. In this the Dolphins absorbed the signing bonus and the Saints only had to pay Salary and any future roster and performance bonus's

My feeling is they see Edwards as more of a DT that can rotate at DE if needed.

Let me get this straight. He's meeting with the Cowboys but he's still a Dolphin? And then a report comes out that the Saints are trying to trade for him as well.

If he's meeting with the Cowboys, the Dolphins gave him their blessing to meet with a team to which he'd want to be traded as long as they were talking ballpark as far as compensation. He chose the Cowboys. They wouldnt have let him go there if it wasn't serious. Then our name comes up? While he's there?

I bet that was leaked by Miami to drive up the price. The guy is in Cowboy HQs. This is a done deal. This is the dealership letting you take the car home for a night because they know 9 times out of 10, they've got you if you agree to do it. They introduced the Saints to drive up the value. I don't see him leaving without a trade done.
So like I was saying...

Sounds like the Dolphins are essentially giving Quinn the chance to pick his new team. Guessing the Fins have already agreed to trade compensation with both Dallas and New Orleans (or are in the ballpark) so it’s up to Quinn and the teams to work out a contract.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom