Saints involved in trade talks for Robert Quinn (Update: Will visit Saints Monday 3/25) (1 Viewer)

is this verified?

i've never heard of a player ON ANOTHER TEAM, making team visits like a FA

Clarence Hill is a Cowboys beat writer he's legit. Th folks on local radio have been talking about Berry and Quinn joining the team all day. Quinn was definitely in Frisco today visiting them, and while that may sound great Randall Cobb agreed on a deal with them after leaving the facility with no deal.

So it can still happen. I hope we sign him I'd hate to see Dallas with Quinn and Lawrence on the edges.

I don't think we really want to be digging for a starting caliber OL at this point in FA. Best to hang on to Peat for another year and see what happens.
Peat isn't a starting caliber OL.... Not by league standards, but he is getting pay like one. Lol.

Peat is a above average, good but not great at LG. He has versatility to not be a liability at OT if needed. "He's not worth ___$" is pointless, as he was drafted under rookie cap, and that is what any other player at his position drafted in the same spot would be making. We need him, period. There isn't a free agent available who can play OG at his level, much less OG and OT.

You would have to replace him with 2 players in a year you are short on salary and draft capital, and it makes zero sense to create two holes and have to utilize an additional roster spot to replace him. The "trade Peat" mantra is nauseating and absurd. He had one bad game playing with a broken hand then held up fine not far removed from surgery against the Rams.

We need and are keeping Peat, period, end of story, end of discussion, get over it. No, he isnt the 10 year bookend tackle we were hoping for, but he isnt Charles Brown swing and miss either. More like Robert Gallery, but more athletic, especially in our screen and run game when he has to pull and get out in space.

As for Quinn, i really hope it happens, as he hasnt dealt with any major injury and has been playing out of position on a crap defense, and is still the best defensive lineman on his team.

In fact, i hope there's a way the Saints can add Quinn, Ansah, and Berry. Give the Rams a dose of their own mercenary medicine, and leave Drew/Teddy a defense that more than pulls its own weight and rewards the offense with mucho short fields and turnovers.

What did Andrus Peat do to hurt some of you?
It's an odd thing. People want to trade players they don't like...yet the fact that there's undesirable and unlikeable things about them would mean they're less likely to fetch anything useful.

Like the Pelicans people liked Mirotic more than Randle...but that meant we were more likely to trade Mirotic because Mirotic was more wantable.

If we were to sign Quinn, what does that imply about Mario Edwards?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom