Saints involved in trade talks for Robert Quinn (Update: Will visit Saints Monday 3/25) (1 Viewer)

Then why let Okafor go, then? This is probably more about getting more disruptive and deeper on the D line than it is about any one player.

Do any of you know if Quinn is faster than Okafor? thx If yes that tells me SP wants to get to the QB quicker this year.

Do any of you know if Quinn is faster than Okafor? thx If yes that tells me SP want to get to the QB quicker this year.

He is definitely quicker/faster and a better pass-rusher.

Okafor is arguably a better all-around DE and not-as-arguably better against the run. The Dolphins had Quinn in a wide-9 last year, which didn't exactly play to his skill set all the time. He had to set the edge a bit more, I believe, and only registered 6.5 sacks because of it.

He still rated as the 38th-best EDGE in the league on PFF even though he was a little out of his comfort zone.

As a pure pass-rusher, he still brings a lot to the table.

Tell me why we spent two first rounders on a DE last year if we're just gonna drop more picks on another one? (Albeit a good one) Not to mention this would eat up a big chunk of our already limited cap space. I really don't think we have that much of a need at the position to make this kind of move.

Do any of you know if Quinn is faster than Okafor? thx If yes that tells me SP wants to get to the QB quicker this year.

I don't know who would win in a foot race but I know that Quinn is a far better pass rusher. Okafor has 22 Sacks in his career. Quinn almost matched that in a season when he went for 19 in 2013.

Quinn hasn't reached double digit Sacks since 2014 but he's been playing out of place a lot since then.

Tell me why we spent two first rounders on a DE last year if we're just gonna drop more picks on another one? (Albeit a good one) Not to mention this would eat up a big chunk of our already limited cap space. I really don't think we have that much of a need at the position to make this kind of move.

1)You can never have to many pass rushers.

2) A move like this allows us to slide Cam inside on 2nd and 3rd down, and have 3 elite pass rushers getting after the QB.

3) You can never have to many pass rushers...

Let me get this straight. He's meeting with the Cowboys but he's still a Dolphin? And then a report comes out that the Saints are trying to trade for him as well.

If he's meeting with the Cowboys, the Dolphins gave him their blessing to meet with a team to which he'd want to be traded as long as they were talking ballpark as far as compensation. He chose the Cowboys. They wouldnt have let him go there if it wasn't serious. Then our name comes up? While he's there?

I bet that was leaked by Miami to drive up the price. The guy is in Cowboy HQs. This is a done deal. This is the dealership letting you take the car home for a night because they know 9 times out of 10, they've got you if you agree to do it. They introduced the Saints to drive up the value. I don't see him leaving without a trade done.

Let me get this straight. He's meeting with the Cowboys but he's still a Dolphin? And then a report comes out that the Saints are trying to trade for him as well.

If he's meeting with the Cowboys, the Dolphins gave him their blessing to meet with a team to which he'd want to be traded as long as they were talking ballpark as far as compensation. He chose the Cowboys. They wouldnt have let him go there if it wasn't serious. Then our name comes up? While he's there?

I bet that was leaked by Miami to drive up the price. The guy is in Cowboy HQs. This is a done deal. This is the dealership letting you take the car home for a night because they know 9 times out of 10, they've got you if you agree to do it. They introduced the Saints to drive up the value. I don't see him leaving without a trade done.

Or Dallas wants to have a physical and meet with him as they have questions...

Quinn had 19 sacks in 2013 and still only 28 years old. Always been extremely productive even on some bad teams. I would love this move!

We're kind of thin a EDGE, not too surprised to hear we're in the mix for Quinn. I think he has a ton of game left! I hope we do land him some how. But at the right cost, of course. Quinn was on Miami and was pretty much playing from behind the entire year. Those dudes never really got the chance to bite down and unleash their pass rushers. That being said, the man still got 6.5 sacks, 9 TFLs, and 15 QB hits. That type of production would be AWESOME opposite Cam, and mixed in w/Davenport. Plus our DTs, LBs, DBs, pretty much the D as a whole, is way better compared to the Fins. And more often than not, our O puts up points and ends up playing w/the lead. That means teams have to pass on us, which in turn would allow a dude like Robert Quinn to hunt. I think Quinn would be reborn playing in our defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom