Saints involved in trade talks for Robert Quinn (Update: Will visit Saints Monday 3/25) (1 Viewer)

On the way home from work ESPN reported Miami and Dallas were in trade talks for Quinn. Sounds like that's where he's headed.

I’m sure it depends on how much Miami $salary is willing to absorb depends on what the Saints are wiling to offer in compensation.

Dallas already has good pass rush. I'm not sure why they are after him. The rich get richer.

This just is not true. They were 16th in sacks last year and we were 5th. They have one elite pass rusher and he is refusing to sign his franchise tag while at the same time negotiations between he and the team are going nowhere.

Hey AARP - you said it perfect. That would be insane for our pass rush. He is only 28. Not only would that be a major plus this year, but this guy can contribute beyond Brees. It's pretty clear to me that Coach SP is trying to build a monster defense for Brees and beyond Brees. With the Manster Brown and the speed of Rankins, those two would provide serious pressure up the middle on passes forcing the QBs to either unload fast or move outside the pocket. Then add Jordan, Davenport and Quinn, all quite fast and very athletic, and we have a monster front 7 against both the pass and the run. With the emergence of Anzalone and the addition of Davis, that would be a nasty front 7.

I really like this move if we pull it off.

:) Hahahaha. I think you misinterpreted my post. I thought that the proposed compensation was insane. Would I like to have Quinn? You bet I would, but not at that price. I'd like to have a large Mercedes too, but I'm not willing to pay the price.

This just is not true. They were 16th in sacks last year and we were 5th. They have one elite pass rusher and he is refusing to sign his franchise tag while at the same time negotiations between he and the team are going nowhere.

He’ll sign it. He’s not turining down 20mil.

:) Hahahaha. I think you misinterpreted my post. I thought that the proposed compensation was insane. Would I like to have Quinn? You bet I would, but not at that price. I'd like to have a large Mercedes too, but I'm not willing to pay the price.

Lmao. Forgot to take off my rosie colored glasses lol

Anyone think that Miami might still be a little but hurt over the Bridgewater issue?
No... They know Cowboys will be a higher quality pick in 2020 vs. Ours. Cowboys also shown to be desperate and overpay.

But I rather not let them get better. NFC for the most part regressed with a lot of talent going to the AFC this FA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom