Saints is the center of QB rehabilitation. (1 Viewer)

Jeff Blake had the most beautiful, tight-spiraled deep pass you'd ever want to see. Too bad he was injured in the 2000 season. Even worse is that he wasn't #1 of #4 on your list of rehabbed QB's.

Oh, well.

:gosaints:
I honestly thought I was the only Saints fan who STILL thinks about what Jeff Blake could've been. At least once a season, I think about it.

Drew Brees first and foremost

Pretty crazy once you think about it.

Were you a fan of Brooks?
I could never get fully on board with Brooks. In hindsight, I think his stats were decent, but at the time it felt like more of the same. Like they just couldn't get out of their own way. Almost good. Almost there, but not quite. That's how I look back on his time with the Saints.

I also remember feeling extremely excited about Blake's potential. And I didn't get too excited about anything in those days. My expectations were very tempered. But Blake sparked something different in me as a fan. Then it was gone.

Last edited:
I could never get fully on board with Brooks. In hindsight, I think his stats were decent, but at the time it felt like more of the same. Like they just couldn't get out of their own way. Almost good. Almost there, but not quite. That's how I look back on his time with the Saints.

I also remember feeling extremely excited about Blake's potential. And I didn't get too excited about anything in those days. My expectations were very tempered. But Blake sparked something different in me as a fan. Then it was gone.
I find it that most Blake & Delhomme supporters were anti-Brooks fans lol. Brooks wasn't perfect, but I felt that the coach and team let him down. Another thing that was overshadowed during that time is that the defense was extremely horrible.

I think Blake will always stick out because he was hurt in the middle of a winning streak and never saw the field again. During that time our running game was strong (Ricky was leading the NFL in rushing yards), and I also believe our defense may have been #1, or in the top 3. So all things were clicking. Considering how things turned out, I don't think he would have done any better past 2001.

This thread turned dark really quickly. Jeff Blake was the opposite of QB rehabilitation. His career came here and died, it sucked. But on to this century.

This will be such as positive for us going forward, if Jameis and Taysom don't work out we're guaranteed to get the next big name free agent QB. I just hope it's not Aaron Rodgers.

First Teddy, now Jameis. The Saints is the center of QB rehabilitation (physically and/or mentally).

The original one is Drew (physical).

The first two were (very) successful. Let's go 3 for 3.
My son and I were talking about this yesterday.

It could be like when a college coach gets fired and they end up on Nick Saban's staff as an Offensive Analyst or Special Teams Quality Control.

I honestly thought I was the only Saints fan who STILL thinks about what Jeff Blake could've been. At least once a season, I think about it.
Jeff Blake is legitimately one of the most intriguing “what if’s” of the modern day Saints.
He was thriving in McCarthys “Gulf Coast” offense until the injury.
He never got a legit shot in 2001. I get that it was pretty much the Brooks show by the end of 2000, but I hate that Blake didn’t get to finish what he started.

Yep. Jeff Blake was cut down way before his time was up. He had a date with destiny cut short. Everything happens for a reason I guess.

Was Grayson the only guy we drafted remotely early that Sean couldn’t make work?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom