Saints' Jared Cook learns from last year's plays that 'haunt' him (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1597426205706.png

Kevin Patra | Around the NFL Writer

Before a slate can be written on anew, it must be washed, cleansed of its previous scribbles and made fresh for the next activity's marks. In clearing that slate, football players take stock of what they'd written the previous season to learn and grow.

It's not always the easiest process for players. Sometimes they're embarrassed by what they've put on tape. For some, it's a mix of good and bad.

New Orleans Saints tight end Jared Cook is one such player. He went through struggles early in the 2019 season acclimating to the new offense. Cook told reporters Thursday that washing away the bad taste from his early-season play was a process this offseason.

"There are still some plays on the film that haunt me and, of course, we're still going back over those plays and running through them, but they're still plays that haunt me that I still wish I could have back," Cook said, via Katherine Terrell of The Athletic. "So it's still, you know, learning from those, talking through them, getting the report, getting on the same page. Because it's a lot different when you're going through a season -- you're on to the next week; you don't have a lot of time to just sit there and reflect.

Full Story - NFL.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom