Saints' Jenkins becomes stakeholder in Burnley (Premier League, England) (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
"
Malcolm Jenkins has become involved with a different kind of football.

The New Orleans Saints safety has become a minority stakeholder in ALK Capital, the investment group that owns Burnley."

Rest of the story

Good for Malcolm, getting a diverse portfolio, including the beautiful game.

I used to date a girl who’s kid played soccer….I always had to go to the games. I hated it at first….didn’t know what was going on. He taught me the sport as well as possible, pretty cool. We broke up and I never watched soccer again….lol

I used to date a girl who’s kid played soccer….I always had to go to the games. I hated it at first….didn’t know what was going on. He taught me the sport as well as possible, pretty cool. We broke up and I never watched soccer again….lol
Into my 20s I’d been mostly anti-soccer,
Then I’d be on tour in Italy again and again and Soccer was the only thing in to watch- so I watched
From then it’s been a pretty steady rise to becoming a major fan

I'm always curious about these athlete/entertainer investments because it's usually more symbolic than substantive. How much of a stake did he buy? Is this about increasing investments or expanding his financial network?

I'm always curious about these athlete/entertainer investments because it's usually more symbolic than substantive. How much of a stake did he buy? Is this about increasing investments or expanding his financial network?

well to be fair, most athletes ( outside of their own 1%ers ) dont have substantive $$$$ to become primary owner.

I dont know that he will ever see a "return" on his investment so maybe its simply a guy who has the financial means to put a million or two into a team of a sport he enjoys?

I mean, if i had 20million or so , i would absolutely do something like this, not for anything but the fact that I LOVE SOCCER and would be proud to invest in a team that had the right leadership.

Unfortunately i get yelled at when i transfer $1000 to my trading account. So no soccer club for me lololol

well to be fair, most athletes ( outside of their own 1%ers ) dont have substantive $$$$ to become primary owner.

I dont know that he will ever see a "return" on his investment so maybe its simply a guy who has the financial means to put a million or two into a team of a sport he enjoys?

I mean, if i had 20million or so , i would absolutely do something like this, not for anything but the fact that I LOVE SOCCER and would be proud to invest in a team that had the right leadership.

Unfortunately i get yelled at when i transfer $1000 to my trading account. So no soccer club for me lololol
I know and I was not implying that they have majority stake money. I've seen several athletes/entertainers from Jaz Z to Serena do this most of the time is more of a public relations move (we have minority investors). That's why I mentioned the business networking opportunity.

We know what Wu-Tang Financial would tell him

They're a well run club, one of the few that are. A good investment probably.
Lol most premier league clubs are. Burnley certainly aren’t one of the best. They have stability with Dyche’s long coaching tenure . Yet they are hardly inspiring in terms of youth investment, player recruitment or creating an attractive brand of football. Their aim Every season is don’t get relegated. If they do, there is a good chance they stay in the lower divisions. Similar to Reading, QPR, Blackpool etc

Sadly the Premier League is all about money, only a few teams ( with the wonderful exception of Leicester City a few years ago) have a chance of winning, the rest just make up the numbers.
As a life long Coventry City fan is can be a little demoralizing sometimes
One thing l do really love about the NFL is the parity, every team is in with a shout

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom