Saints/Jets game will air on CBS!! (1 Viewer)

TCEd

All-Pro
Reaction score
What does this mean, well I don't know about other Saints fans who don't live in the tri-state area, but it means I will get to watch it on TV here in Grand Rapids, MI. Just checked & it's on at 4pmEST, oh..yea!! :9:

Side note to all those, like myself, who want to see more Saints in the sports news, sense this game is on CBS this week, ESPN, NFLN & Fox won't be saying a lot, which really explains a lot. Just watched Fox's NFC Recap: Week 3 and you guessed it, not one mention of the Saints/Bills game at all, not even one word.

So, you will need to go to CBSSports.com for your Saints fix this week & they will be pumping out the content to push the game.

The game (Jets vs. Saints) isn't currently showing on my guide w/ Cox in Baton Rouge. Anyone else having the same issue?

whenever and AFC and an NFC team play, the television rights always go to the visiting team...therefore, since the Jets are playing in the dome, CBS, who televises all of the AFC games, get coverage of Jets-Saints.

I will blow a gasket if they don't show the game here. Why Miami/San Diego was shown in Albany, New York instead of Saints/Buffalo is beyond me.

The maps may not be out yet, but the Saints game is listed on my local CBS affiliate's web site for next Sunday! Woo-freakin'-Hoo!!! :ezbill:

Do they still do that thing where they bump up the better games to the night game? And if so, it is possible they could do that for the Saints game?

Do they still do that thing where they bump up the better games to the night game? And if so, it is possible they could do that for the Saints game?

Flex Schedule usually starts near the end of November I think.

Edit: Beaten already. Thats what I get for responding without refreshing :)

FOX has the double header this weekend, so the Saints-Jets game won't be a big tv-market game unfortunately (all the teams on CBS with an early matchup can't get the late game)

I will blow a gasket if they don't show the game here. Why Miami/San Diego was shown in Albany, New York instead of Saints/Buffalo is beyond me.

For Saints/Bills the road team was in the NFC which means Fox had the rights. CBS couldn't have shown it instead of Miami/San Diego even if they wanted to.

We were just looking at that. Based on the schedule, not likely. The only likely matchup is when we play Atlanta but (A) we already have a MNF game with the Falclowns (the first time we play them), and (B) Giants-Eagles is the Sunday night game the second time we play them. Any other likely Sunday, our opponents aren't likely to be enticing enough.

At first glance, here are the areas that don't look good for Saints/Jets:

Baltimore / New England
Cincinnati / Cleveland
Tennessee / Jacksonville
Oakland / Houston
Buffalo at Miami

All these markets must show the local team (unless blacked out). Because CBS only has one game this week, that game will be the only one you get.

Also, if you live in:

Dallas / Denver or
St.Louis / San Francisco

your local Fox station will show that for the late game and I don't think CBS will be allowed to run a game against it.. not sure about that policy these days.

at least you know there will definitely be a stream on the internet, or at your local bar. its not the same as HD, but its a start.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom