Saints/Jets game will air on CBS!! (1 Viewer)

For Saints/Bills the road team was in the NFC which means Fox had the rights. CBS couldn't have shown it instead of Miami/San Diego even if they wanted to.

Right. I see on the Guide button that the only slot for NFL Football on CBS is the late game with Fox having the doubleheader. The teams aren't listed yet. Albany is a very tricky area because there are fans of the Giants (most--they train here), Jets, New England, and Buffalo (least) in the area. The local stations extend into western Massachusetts, which accounts for some of the telecasts. I'm pretty optimistic because I don't see any conflicting games on the schedule for the late game.

at least you know there will definitely be a stream on the internet, or at your local bar. its not the same as HD, but its a start.

Really good point. I wonder when those maps come out. Thursday maybe when the sellouts and blackouts are determined?

Right. I see on the Guide button that the only slot for NFL Football on CBS is the late game with Fox having the doubleheader. The teams aren't listed yet. Albany is a very tricky area because there are fans of the Giants (most--they train here), Jets, New England, and Buffalo (least) in the area. The local stations extend into western Massachusetts, which accounts for some of the telecasts. I'm pretty optimistic because I don't see any conflicting games on the schedule for the late game.

That shouldn't be a problem as the Giants games are 1pmEST & the Saints/Jests is 4pmEST, so I wouldn't see a problem. The only one that would be is the Bills/Miami game which is also on CBS & at 4pm.

Seeing that there are only two CBS games in that time slot, I would think that if you got a CBS channel, regardless of what Fox is doing, you should be able to watch the game if you don't live in Buffalo or Miami, in fact, I would think for the ratings battle that CBS would ask all it's stations to run this game of the week, again except for Buffalo & Miami fans.

source for times & stations...

CBS is going with Bull Riding on Sunday where I live :angryrazz:
and FOX is running the Denver / Dallas game

Not much worry as I prefer my local brew pub...so far we are 3-0 when our Roanoke Saints crew hits the pub (can't stop now). Last week we even got the big screen.

Hoping they have better cameramen at CBS. I admittedly only catch AFC games on there in passing or when the Saints aren't on. I'm about sick of the FOX and ESPN technique of leaving a camera fixed on a person on the sideline right up until about .5 milliseconds from the snap and they cut back to the action.

I missed out on seeing the Bills and Eagles game on tv, but at least I get to see the Jets and Giants games. I still can't believe they wouldn't air the Eagles game and I was floored not to see the Bills game. Any other week and I would be forced to watch them, but when I actually want to watch them, I can't (on tv).

FOX has the double header this weekend, so the Saints-Jets game won't be a big tv-market game unfortunately (all the teams on CBS with an early matchup can't get the late game)

I wonder why CBS got the doubleheader two weeks in a row (Weeks 2 & 3) when they are supposed to alternate each week? Instead, CBS will end up missing out on the opportunity to air two 3-0 teams (Saints vs Jets) in Week 4 to a majority national audience.
http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/

I wonder why CBS got the doubleheader two weeks in a row (Weeks 2 & 3) when they are supposed to alternate each week? Instead, CBS will end up missing out on the opportunity to air two 3-0 teams (Saints vs Jets) in Week 4 to a majority national audience.
http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/

They get equal amounts of double headers but because of things like baseball they do not alternate weeks. Fox will get more at the end of the year.

Last edited:
Why is this a late game? Usually if its not a monday or sunday night game we always have a noon kickoff at the Dome.

Why is this a late game? Usually if its not a monday or sunday night game we always have a noon kickoff at the Dome.

I think because the Giants are playing at noon. They do the same thing with the Raiders/49ers. They are in the same market so the games have to be at different times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom