Saints/Jets.......Positional Breakdown (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Isnt it exciting to be 3-0 and to be facing another 3-0 team Sunday?
On paper, I gotta say we have an advantage........

QB COMPARISON: Brees 67-97 841 yards 9 TD 2 INT sacked 4 times
Sanchez 49-83 606 yards 4 TD 2 INT sacked 5 times

Edge: Brees. Better #s, much more experience, home crowd.

TEAM RUSHING: Saints 512 yards 5 TDs
Jets 390 yards 3 TDs

Edge: Saints. better #s, more depth.

WRS: Colston 15-195 - 3
Henderson 11-214 -1
Shockey 14-128 - 2
Bush 11-114 - 0

Cotchery 18-245-1
Stuckey 10-112-1
Keller 9-140-1
Washington 7-48-0
Edge: close one here, but we still have better #s and experience. Sanchez has got to start playing like a rookie sometime.....why not next Sunday? Brees and company should regain their swagger after a frustrating first half Sunday.

OLINE:
The Jets have C Nick Mangold, who is the beastliest of beasts, and D'Brick Ferguson at OT,
but I'd take the Saints OG tandem anyday. Nicks and Evans are THE REASONS we are running so well. These guys have been blocking like a pair of rabid grizzly bears.
Seems pretty fairly matched otherwise considering our injuries at OT.

DEFENSE:

Saints allowed 56 points so far with avg of 256 YPG.
Jets have allowed 33 points but give up an average of 312 YPG
NFL Rankings: Rush D Saints #5 Jets #9
Pass D Saints #22 Jets #6

Edge: Jets. Sorry, but Rex Ryan has that Defense playing top notch football. Vilma's replacement in NY, David Harris, is playing lights out. The DBs are also playing very well.

Overall, it looks like a good matchup. The Jets seem to be playing better than they are right now. Hopefully the chance to sit pretty at 4-0 at the bye and the Superdome crowd will help get this one.
I can't believe how good Sanchez looks. Since the Senior Bowl practices, combine, and preseason, he has out performed Matt Stafford in every way. His deep throws are scary accurate and he's farily quick on his feet (20 yard rushing TD Sunday)
It's going to be a good game, fellas.....one that the media will be talking about.
We need this one.

Last edited:
Isnt it exciting to be 3-0 and to be facing another 3-0 team Sunday?
On paper, I gotta say we have an advantage........

QB COMPARISON: Brees 67-97 841 yards 9 TD 2 INT sacked 4 times
Sanchez 49-83 606 yards 4 TD 2 INT sacked 5 times

Edge: Brees. Better #s, much more experience, home crowd.

TEAM RUSHING: Saints 512 yards 5 TDs
Jets 390 yards 3 TDs

Edge: Saints. better #s, more depth.

WRS: Colston 15-195 - 1
Henderson 11-214 -1
Shockey 14-128 - 2
Bush 11-114 - 0

Cotchery 18-245-1
Stuckey 10-112-1
Keller 9-140-1
Washington 7-48-0
Edge: close one here, but we still have better #s and experience. Sanchez has got to start playing like a rookie sometime.....why not next Sunday? Brees and company should regain their swagger after a frustrating first half Sunday.

OLINE:
The Jets have C Nick Mangold, who is the beastliest of beasts, and D'Brick Ferguson at OT,
but I'd take the Saints OG tandem anyday. Nicks and Evans are THE REASONS we are running so well. These guys have been blocking like a pair of rabid grizzly bears.
Seems pretty fairly matched otherwise considering our injuries at OT.

DEFENSE:

Saints allowed 56 points so far with avg of 256 YPG.
Jets have allowed only 11 (!) points but give up an average of 312 YPG
NFL Rankings: Rush D Saints #5 Jets #9
Pass D Saints #22 Jets #6

Edge: Jets. Sorry, but Rex Ryan has that Defense playing top notch football. Vilma's replacement in NY, David Harris, is playing lights out. The DBs are also playing very well.

Overall, it looks like a good matchup. The Jets seem to be playing better than they are right now. Hopefully the chance to sit pretty at 4-0 at the bye and the Superdome crowd will help get this one.
I can't believe how good Sanchez looks. Since the Senior Bowl practices, combine, and preseason, he has out performed Matt Stafford in every way. His deep throws are scary accurate and he's farily quick on his feet (20 yard rushing TD Sunday)
It's going to be a good game, fellas.....one that the media will be talking about.
We need this one.

Colston has 3 Td's not 1, and the Jets have allowed 33pts for 11pts a game not 11 total points.

Don't forget about home field advatage. We are the loudest fans in the NFL, and they kid hasen't throw inside of a loud dome yet. We get roudy, and we are 3-0 and want to go 4-0. It will be hard for both of these NY teams to come into our house, and beat us up.

Edge: close one here, but we still have better #s and experience. Sanchez has got to start playing like a rookie sometime.....why not next Sunday?

We thought the same thing about Matt Ryan last year and it didn't really happen. Some people just have "it" and I think Sanchez is one of those guys where the game isn't "too big" for them. Don't get me wrong, he can be rattled and forced into mistakes, but I don't think it'll be because he's a rookie.

This is one of the best lines in football. Faneca is still great. Mangold is great. D'brick is solid. I'm not familiar with the other 2 OL but they have a good line overall.

We just have to match their physicality. This is going to be a dog fight game a lot like the first 3 quarters of yesterday. If we can continue to play solid defense and force at least 2 turnovers, I think we'll win the game.

We thought the same thing about Matt Ryan last year and it didn't really happen. Some people just have "it" and I think Sanchez is one of those guys where the game isn't "too big" for them. Don't get me wrong, he can be rattled and forced into mistakes, but I don't think it'll be because he's a rookie.

This is one of the best lines in football. Faneca is still great. Mangold is great. D'brick is solid. I'm not familiar with the other 2 OL but they have a good line overall.

We just have to match their physicality. This is going to be a dog fight game a lot like the first 3 quarters of yesterday. If we can continue to play solid defense and force at least 2 turnovers, I think we'll win the game.

Almost forgot about Faneca. He does still have "it". The other guard isnt a big name, but isnt Damien Woody the other OT? Don't forget about Bart Scott either playing next to Harris at LB. Scary.

Almost forgot about Faneca. He does still have "it". The other guard isnt a big name, but isnt Damien Woody the other OT? Don't forget about Bart Scott either playing next to Harris at LB. Scary.

Yeah he'll be tryin to bring some more hot sauce down here....but he should know that Louisiana hot sauce tops it all!!!

On a neutral field I would give the Jets Defense a slight edge too.

But in the Dome it's going to be different.

I'm with you guys. The BUF game would never have been that close if it were in the DOME. I'm just calling them like I see them and Rex Ryan's defense is performing awfully well right now. Kerry Rhodes and Darelle Revis are dangerous DBs.
Jets are way more solid as a team than people originally anticipated.
the thought of being 4-0 at the bye is so exciting, I hope our boys bring their best game on Sunday. Another 3:05 game? What's with this west coast time schedule?!!?!

vegas gives us the advantage too:

<table width="562" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="8" cols="5"><tbody>[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][/FONT][/FONT]<tr><td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>10/4 4:05 ET</td> <td>At New Orleans</td> <td>-6.5</td> <td>NY Jets</td> <td>45.5</td></tr></tbody></table>

This is by far going to be yalls toughest game yet. Their D is much better than i thought they would be. I don't know how good the NO O line is, but they are going to have their hands full against the Jets.

I think the best way for yall to win is to clog up that running game and make Sanchez beat you. Maybe Sharper can bait the rook into some throws.

I think the Jets have the superior O line and D line to yall and if yall lose it will be because of that.

I would plan on doing some screen passes which i know Payton loves to do and maybe that will keep the defense off balance. Should be a good one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom