Saints land big-play tight end in 2019 mock draft (1 Viewer)

Title grabbed me too.:funny1:

This would be a very good pick. Unlike a lot of TEs.. this guy is a ball catcher right out the box. He would contribute right away.
Reminds me of the Giants' Evan Engram.

That's why I think he'll be gone. TEs usually don't go early in drafts, but this year's crop is especially talented. That could work for us or against us. For us because the position is so deep, teams will know they can get a good TE later on. Against us because teams know the position is talented and the best ones will go fast.

This Brings Jace Amaro to mind.

Kid set the NCAA single season TE receiving record back in 2014, was drafted in rd 2 and is currently a free agent.

Jace Amaro was actually not bad his rookie year. He led all rookie TEs in yards and receptions (that group consisted of Eric Ebron and Austin Sefarian-Jenkins). Amaro got hurt the next year.

And the pass-happy big 12 is a lot different than SEC

Foster Moreau, eventhough he is from LSU, looks like a steal later in the draft. During combine drills he showed the ability to catch and his measurables are elite.

Unfortunately he won' be there when we draft. He's too good he'll be long gone.

I beg to differ. There are 5 TE’s rated higher than him, by most publications. If those 5, along with him, that means the Saints will be able to land a player that is higher rated who should have been drafted much earlier. Not going to happen, where 6 TE’s are drafted in the the first 62 picks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom