Saints last 6 games defensively (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
NFL ranks

1st PPG
Tied-1st Takeaways
1st Sacks

We just tied a franchise record for consecutive games (6) holding opponents down to 17 points or fewer. Yes even those famed dome patrol teams have never done better.

First 8 games

27th PPG
Tied-22nd Takeaways
Tied-27th Sacks

We just tied a franchise record for consecutive games (6) holding opponents down to 17 points or fewer. Yes even those famed dome patrol teams have never done better.

Can't really fault the Dome Patrol for that. Some of those games might have had special teams scores, which were more prevalent back then. Other games might have been some of those nice Bobby Hebert/Steve Walsh/John Fourcade :fou: pick 6s.

Still a mighty fine accomplishment for today's defense in today's NFL.

I do believe the Saints D climbed to 11th overall after tonight. The Chiefs are 31st and the Rams are 20th. Exactly why they lost this weekend and the Saints won.

Best defense in the league right now.

With an offense that will be nice and rested come the playoffs.

It's happening folks, we got the team we always wanted.

I hope so. I just want to see the offense regain its mojo. If it does, it's over for the rest of the league.

I can’t go quite that far. The bears not only hold teams down but also score quite a bit. It’s great to be in the conversation though.

I hope so. I just want to see the offense regain its mojo. If it does, it's over for the rest of the league.
I'm not too concerned. We saw the same in 09, Payton started calling games more conservatively down the stretch and then opened it up against Arizona and we smoked them. 5 possessions, 5 TD's in the first half.

I'm expecting the same, he's called some of the best games of his life this year, I refuse to believe he suddenly flipped 180, this is semi-deliberate. Especially as he now has a defense to back him up.

I can’t go quite that far. The bears not only hold teams down but also score quite a bit. It’s great to be in the conversation though.
Maybe 1a and 1b.

I think scoring is probably a bigger point of emphasis for the Bears D because their offense isn't a high scoring one.
Whereas our D know that they just need to get the ball back in the offenses hands however they can and they'll take care of business.

I'm not too concerned. We saw the same in 09, Payton started calling games more conservatively down the stretch and then opened it up against Arizona and we smoked them. 5 possessions, 5 TD's in the first half.

I'm expecting the same, he's called some of the best games of his life this year, I refuse to believe he suddenly flipped 180, this is semi-deliberate. Especially as he now has a defense to back him up.
I like your way of thinking and hope you're right.

you can tell that right now, they are really believing in themselves and each other. they have the confidence to know that they can make a stop when needed. pretty awesome to see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom