Article Saints LB Kaden Elliss Provides Update On His Injury, Discusses New LBs Coach Michael Hodges (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
1583552919159.png

By Chris Rosvoglou | The Spun

Kaden Elliss was hoping he’d have a chance to shine in 2019 with the New Orleans Saints, but a knee injury cut his season short. Although the Idaho product isn’t back to full strength just yet, he’s excited for what’s in store next season.

Earlier this week, Elliss appeared on my podcast, “Straight-Up Saints,” to discuss his rehab and several other topics regarding his team.

During Week 3 of the regular season, Elliss suffered an injury against the Seattle Seahawks. It was a tough blow for the rookie linebacker, but he’s optimistic that he’ll be ready for OTAs.

“I’m working down here with the staff and they’re doing an awesome job helping me get better than I’ve ever been,” Elliss said. “It’s been a goal of mine to be ready for OTAs. We’re still working toward that goal, but we’ve got a little while longer to see how a couple more things go.”

Full Story - The Spun

I hope he is ready. Injuries to the linebackers have killed us. I wonder how Chase Hansen and Alex Anzalone are doing. We need to sign at least one Linebacker and draft one.

Agreed. I sure wish Alex could stay healthy as I think he’s the real deal.
Thanks for the article Dan.

I’m not trying to be too obvious here but him and Anzalone being healthy this season could be a game changer for our season. Elliss has shown a lot of potential and I think we’ve seen that Anzalone can be extremely good. Their health would help us feel better about a position where we are currently very short handed.

I wouldn’t expect him to say anything negative but it’s at least good to hear positive things about the new coach. It was also cool to hear about him being there when Drew decided to come back. I’m sure that was a great speech and he’ll repeat it with the team around the start of the season.

I’m not trying to be too obvious here but him and Anzalone being healthy this season could be a game changer for our season. Elliss has shown a lot of potential and I think we’ve seen that Anzalone can be extremely good. Their health would help us feel better about a position where we are currently very short handed.

I wouldn’t expect him to say anything negative but it’s at least good to hear positive things about the new coach. It was also cool to hear about him being there when Drew decided to come back. I’m sure that was a great speech and he’ll repeat it with the team around the start of the season.

Elliss played some TE as well. For reference if he was at the 2020 combine he would have had the 2nd fastest 40 at 4.58, fastest 3-cone at 6.49 and tied for the 6th highest vertical at 34.5. He also has 10.5" hands. That's how he would've compared against the 2020 TE class.

As for LBs, he would've had the 10th fastest 40, fastest 3-cone and middle of the pack vertical.

I think we have something with him. He can play. As crazy as it might sound, he might even be better with the ball in his hands.

He’s got a chance. The Saints could be losing a bunch of LBs and Anzalone can’t be trusted. It’s not inconceivable that he could start at #2 LB next year.

I hope he is ready. Injuries to the linebackers have killed us. I wonder how Chase Hansen and Alex Anzalone are doing. We need to sign at least one Linebacker and draft one.
Well from multiple reports the Saints top Free agent target is Jamie Collins, so it appears Linebacker is one of their major priorities to address once Free Agency starts.

According to one of the better Saints-focused podcasts I listen to (either Locked On Saints or Saints Happy Hour), Alex Anzalone said recently that he’s back to 100% and “Good to Go”.

That’s great news, but a LB with chronic shoulder injuries and an overall injury-riddled past is very sketchy. We’ve seen how good he can be when he stays healthy, but 1 injury free season in his last 6 seasons played looks like the outlier rather than the norm.

I have high hopes for both Kaden Ellis and Chase Hansen, and I really hope both of them can shine and get a chance this offseason/training camp/ preseason.

God I hope to see Joe Schobert in a Saints Uniform this year. I really believe he would shore up our whole defense and take some pressure off of Demario Davis

He seemed to be well-liked by the coaches. He was getting vaulted up in the LB rotations during the offseason. They were putting a lot on his shoulder for a rookie. I was getting the feeling he would be a contributor last year.

He certainly seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He seems to be eager to take on the studying and work it will take. Davis is a great mentor for him. Hopefully he can come back 100% early in the offseason and pick up where he left off.

Well from multiple reports the Saints top Free agent target is Jamie Collins, so it appears Linebacker is one of their major priorities to address once Free Agency starts.
As it should be. Smaller contracts than the likes of CBs and DEs. Plus, we have had better luck with LBs in FA than the draft. Not that we have drafted many with our high picks, but regardless. I am seriously hoping we get Collins. Good lawd.....he and DD would be legit.

He reminds me of overall ATH/defensive TH7...
Simply a playmaker. Will give AA47 motivation for sure!
WHO DAT!

The Saints probably need to add 2 LBs this offseason... or add 1 and re-sign AJ Klein.

Jamie Collins is the hot name prior to FA starting, so if the Saints are able to land Collins, I could realistically see them adding another (mid-tier & younger) FA LB... then not add any rookies to the LB crew.

If that were to happen, that would show the Saints have faith and confidence in Elliss and Hansen as their young up-and-comers at LB.

Saints sign Collins and Kwiatkowski or Pierre-Louis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom