Rumor Saints Listening to calls on Marshon Lattimore & DT Malcolm Brown? (7 Viewers)

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
Shenanigans.

They're not going to trade away their best CB when it's very likely their second best CB is going to get cut. Especially when they have the option to extend his contract and lower his cap number. There's a better chance they trade Drew Brees than Lattimore. The only chance they trade Lattimore is if they expect to acquire Deshaun Watson.

Also, no one is going to trade for Malcolm Brown when they can sign him in a few weeks for a lower salary and keep their draft picks.

Delete that account...

nelopiceral1

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Shenanigans.

They're not going to trade away their best CB when it's very likely their second best CB is going to get cut. Especially when they have the option to extend his contract and lower his cap number. There's a better chance they trade Drew Brees than Lattimore. The only chance they trade Lattimore is if they expect to acquire Deshaun Watson.

Also, no one is going to trade for Malcolm Brown when they can sign him in a few weeks for a lower salary and keep their draft picks.

Delete that account...
This.

AustSaint

A little street sweeper
Reaction score
Every player has a price, do we know that price? No. I personally think that Latt is a foundation piece, we keep him and he helps us continue to be successful. We listen but unless someone gives us a Ricky Williams type deal for him, we say thanks but no thanks.

mjf504

Veteran
Reaction score
We are not signing any free agents until we get under the cap. That’s about 10 moves that have to be made. Lattimore Jenkins and Williams are all part of that. Everyone should be on the table for considerations. I would extend Williams and lattimore and cut Jenkins with the hopes to resign. But I would restructure Michael Thomas and trade him for the Jags 25 and next years first and Lavishka Shenault or Chark and swap 60 for 33.

crawfish2010

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
We are not signing any free agents until we get under the cap. That’s about 10 moves that have to be made. Lattimore Jenkins and Williams are all part of that. Everyone should be on the table for considerations. I would extend Williams and lattimore and cut Jenkins with the hopes to resign. But I would restructure Michael Thomas and trade him for the Jags 25 and next years first and Lavishka Shenault or Chark and swap 60 for 33.
The Saints can't extend Williams--he's a free agent. Michael Thomas isn't going anywhere this season, because the Saints would actually lose cap space if they traded him. As stated numerous times, "everybody has a price." The Saints are up against the cap and have to think beyond this season. If a team offers the Saints the right price they would trade Lattimore.

ozwego15

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
realistically with Lattimore, i think they will let him play out his contract then let him walk. If it comes down to extending someone, they will probably choose Ram.

Only way Lattimore gets traded is if they are trading for Watson.

Last edited:

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
Obvious I’d do it for the #1 pick. But the Jags would be brain dead to do that trade. So this rumor is utter trash and whoever cooked it up should be sent to the Shadow Realm.

SaintStephen1

Veteran
Reaction score
How about Thomas, Lattimore, Taysom and 28th pick for Watson? Dead money probably precludes that. If not do you do that? I would.

MG3n2K5

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Obvious I’d do it for the #1 pick. But the Jags would be brain dead to do that trade. So this rumor is utter trash and whoever cooked it up should be sent to the Shadow Realm.
Rumor makes sense, simple due diligence given cap constraints. Option 1 is clearly to extend him in a way that it lowers the cap costs this year, if talks don't go well they have to know what's on the table if you have to ship him out because him playing at his full 10.25 million cap number is not an option.

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
Rumor makes sense, simple due diligence given cap constraints. Option 1 is clearly to extend him in a way that it lowers the cap costs this year, if talks don't go well they have to know what's on the table if you have to ship him out because him playing at his full 10.25 million cap number is not an option.
They don't make any sense. At all. There will be tough choices, but that isn't going t obe one of them.

MG3n2K5

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
They don't make any sense. At all. There will be tough choices, but that isn't going t obe one of them.
Saints are not a name your number team & they're not carrying him for his full salary. 80-85% chance they work out an extension, gotta be prepared if they don't. Listening to offers is different from seeking a deal.

TenTwo

Are you touched in the head or something?
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'd trade Latt for a D. Watson or R. Wilson... Outside of that, it would have to be an early first round pick to get one of the top 2 or 3 rookie QBs. That's it though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom