Rumor Saints Listening to calls on Marshon Lattimore & DT Malcolm Brown? (1 Viewer)

No way we trade Lattimore. The offer would have to be ridiculous imo. You could draft 5 more corners trying to find Marshon. He's top 5 imo

True, but if you ended up with a solid cb starter plus 2 other starters. You obviously have to think about it.

And if Murray is gone I hope we resign Ingram or draft a good back. I wish we could draft Etienne, but I dont see us using a 1st on him and he'll be gone pretty early I think.

Forgive my ignorance but is Murray still under contract? I'd definitely be into putting him up for trade

Love me Lattimore! Our salary cap is in hell. So I understand... he locks down players... tackles well... always looking to strip the ball out... but he just doesn’t have interceptions on his resume. Better to keep a guy like Marcus Williams to assist over the top. But I’d hate to trade Lattimore

Because teams learned to stop throwing his way.

Forgive my ignorance but is Murray still under contract? I'd definitely be into putting him up for trade
If we can't trade him I've heard decisions about him being cut are being considered. Maybe the cap gurus can chime in on his cap hit.

If we can't trade him I've heard decisions about him being cut are being considered. Maybe the cap gurus can chime in on his cap hit.

Last edited:
I think we'd be shocked if we heard some of the conversations these front offices have with each other. Just due diligence type of talks. Not trade proposals but just informal chatting. Team calls up and just wants to shoot the breeze on what it would take to get Latt. You think Mickey is hanging up on his fellow GMs?

Jags also have 25th pick in first round and two second round picks. I’d trade Marshawn for the 25th and one of their 2nds then use one of their early picks on a CB and sign another in FA maybe AJ Bouye.

I think we'd be shocked if we heard some of the conversations these front offices have with each other. Just due diligence type of talks. Not trade proposals but just informal chatting. Team calls up and just wants to shoot the breeze on what it would take to get Latt. You think Mickey is hanging up on his fellow GMs?

Agreed. This is all par for the course. Teams keep tabs on other teams assets all the time. I mean, it would be different if the reports said that WE were the ones shopping Marshon. I personally think Marshon & Ry-Ram will be sign at all cost FAs. Those dudes are cornerstone level players on O & D.

Would you do it for the #1 pick? What about the first pick in the second round?
#1 pick is tempting, but that's a QB signing and I'm not honestly sold on the guys being discussed as the #1 pick. Sean will be here for a few more years at least and I don't see him being interested in grooming someone and going through those growing pains. I feel like he wants to win now, not in a few years when the rookie is ready. Mahomes is an anomaly. Rarely is a QB that good so fast and we saw in the Superbowl that even as good as he is, he's still young and has alot to learn.

So if you get the #1 pick what do you do with it? If we made a move like that, which nobody would give up the #1 for any player on our team imo, I would then trade the pick for multiple picks and hope I hit big in the draft again so we could acquire great talent at cap friendly prices. Just my 2 pennies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom