Saints LOCK for playoffs if... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
beat the 49ers
beat the skins
beat the panthers
Saints would finish 10-6, 9-3 vs the NFC
this is saying we would lose to both Dallas and the Giants who are both team that we are capable of beating

Carolina wins all of their games and loses to the Saints
They would Finish 10-6 also but be 7-5 vs the NFC

This would give us the Division title... and a playoff spot

Giants and Cowboys play this week... so one of them will get another loss
The Giants also have to play Carolina... giving one of them a loss

The Cowboys schedule shapes up pretty nicely for them.. their toughest game left for them is us going to their place... but The redskins could spoil their home field advantage at the end of the season if we take care of business

Seattle stands at 6-4... but they still have at least two very tough games vs denver and San Diego... And they are 4-3 vs the NFC

If we beat Dallas and they finish 10-6, and Seattle loses to Denver and San Diego and they finish 10-6... The Saints would get the 2nd seed and home field advantage... so the Dallas game is bigger than most people think... they could be the game that decides home field advantage in the playoffs

The saints must win games if they want to be granted the Division title and Home field advantage is the Cowboys, Giants, and Panthers... we win those three and homefield and Division title are gauranteed... just to get a playoff spot they need to win 3 out of their last 5 regardless the opponent... it would be possible to get a wildcard... if they finish 9-7

So the playoff picture looks good for the SAINTS

well done...thanks for sharing that!

9-7 Wont get a wildcard spot? Thats still up in the air isnt it? either way....GREAT post !!!

what would happen if we beat the Giants too?:dunno:

I think that the two team that will be fighting for home field are the Cowboys and Seattle... the Giants record is 5-2 vs the conference but look for them to falter... because they play the Cowboys next week... and they appear to be falling apart... but if we beat the giants, 9ers, panthers, and skins we would finish 11-5 and probably have the 2nd best record in the NFC... depending on how the cowboys finish up...if we beat the Cowboys... our chance for homefield will increase drastically... i see romo struggling against us... because payton knows romo really well... so he must know what his weaknesses are

I think we should beat the 9ers, Skins, and Panthers IF we play our game. I also think we could beat the Giants as well, since they are a team in turmoil and are not playing well at all lately. They are near a complete meltdown with the coaching staff, and frankly, if you don't believe in the game plan, you won't win many games, and this seems to be the problem. I read on espn.com that they are near a mutiny with the coaching staff. That said, I think the move to prime time for the Dallas game may help the team. They will be primed to prove to a national audience that they are indeed for real. Beating the Cowboys would definitely make that statement. It's the one game I am marking for a loss at this point, however, due to thee Coyboys' better defense. Still, who knows? I would never have thought the Skins could beat the Panthers or that Miami could beat Chicago, along with about a couple dozen other games this year. That brings me to this: We need to play our "A" game every Sunday in order to win. Let up just a little, and losing is just a step away.

all of these games look extremely winnable to me except for the Cowboys game. I watched the end of the Giants-Titans game, and it was a devestating comeback and HUGE meltdown by the Giants. Don't be surprised if the Giants fall apart for the rest of the year.

The Dallas game looks pretty difficult to me because we seem to have trouble with teams with explosive playmakers.

The 49ers could give us trouble, I hope we take this one pretty seriously. I think Payton will.

the bears schedule looks pretty easy the rest of the way... so if Grossman does not (throw) any of the games away they will get the #1 seed
Dec 3 Minnesota 1:00pm they struggled last time vs them
Dec 11 @St. Louis 8:30pm
Dec 17 Tampa Bay 1:00pm
Dec 24 @Detroit 1:00pm
Dec 31 Green Bay

The only team in the NFC that MIGHT be better than the Saints is the Bears and that is only because of their D.

If we don't turn the ball over, bend but don't break on D, and can keep the injury bug down, we'll beat all of them.

Brees is better than Romo, Manning, and Delhomme.

The Ravens was the best D that we'll face all season and we moved the ball on them. I expect us to be able to do the same against our upcoming opponents.

12 - 4

:gosaints:

I honestly believe that we can win the rest of the games on the schedule. Not blowouts, but a hard fought win in each.

beat the 49ers
beat the skins
beat the panthers
Saints would finish 10-6, 9-3 vs the NFC
this is saying we would lose to both Dallas and the Giants who are both team that we are capable of beating

Carolina wins all of their games and loses to the Saints
They would Finish 10-6 also but be 7-5 vs the NFC

This would give us the Division title... and a playoff spot

Giants and Cowboys play this week... so one of them will get another loss
The Giants also have to play Carolina... giving one of them a loss

The Cowboys schedule shapes up pretty nicely for them.. their toughest game left for them is us going to their place... but The redskins could spoil their home field advantage at the end of the season if we take care of business

Seattle stands at 6-4... but they still have at least two very tough games vs denver and San Diego... And they are 4-3 vs the NFC

If we beat Dallas and they finish 10-6, and Seattle loses to Denver and San Diego and they finish 10-6... The Saints would get the 2nd seed and home field advantage... so the Dallas game is bigger than most people think... they could be the game that decides home field advantage in the playoffs

The saints must win games if they want to be granted the Division title and Home field advantage is the Cowboys, Giants, and Panthers... we win those three and homefield and Division title are gauranteed... just to get a playoff spot they need to win 3 out of their last 5 regardless the opponent... it would be possible to get a wildcard... if they finish 9-7

So the playoff picture looks good for the SAINTS

If we tie with Carolina and beat them in the final game we win the division based on a 5-1 division record to Carolina's 4-2... Conference record is the 4th tie breaker for divisions behind common apponents games... do your research.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom