Saints looking to trade up?!!!..... [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

IF NOLA trades UP...past #3, how can they screw Atlanta in the process? THEN it would be worth it (deny them the ability to get Ellis/Dorsey & Ryan)....

OR

(providing the Jake Long rumors to be true) do they trade up to #2 to get the Super OTackle and solidify the line for the next decade?

IF NOLA trades UP...past #3, how can they screw Atlanta in the process? THEN it would be worth it (deny them the ability to get Ellis/Dorsey & Ryan)

I and many of us would LOVE to do that to the Falclowns...

Getting Dorsey would be great, but man...that's a steep price especially with a team that still has some holes on D.

said they have spoken to the Rams.... Wow, they just said we might have to give up both 1st day picks and possibly next years first....do we want Dorsey that bad?

It sounded to me like he meant to say this years first day picks or this years first and next years. Not 2 firsts and 1 second... that would never happen... oh wait... Ditka

What if Will smith is involved? That would make since to do for them, but dont know how much sense it would make for us

Dorsey is a good player, but not worth that much. For the next coming of Reggie White maybe, but not anyone in this draft.

Here it is from Rotoworld and their opinion...

"NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Saints have had contact with the Rams about a potential trade up in the NFL Draft.

Schefter calls the talks "preliminary." The Scott Linehan Rams have executed several draft-day trades. The Saints may have their eye on Glenn Dorsey or Vernon Gholston with Will Smith in a contract season. The Saints might be offering 2009 picks because they have only six this year. With Linehan in must-win mode, however, future choices won't be enticing for St. Louis."

Fantasy Football - news, projections, rankings, draft guide - Rotoworld.com

Here it is from Rotoworld and their opinion...

"NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Saints have had contact with the Rams about a potential trade up in the NFL Draft.

Schefter calls the talks "preliminary." The Scott Linehan Rams have executed several draft-day trades. The Saints may have their eye on Glenn Dorsey or Vernon Gholston with Will Smith in a contract season. The Saints might be offering 2009 picks because they have only six this year. With Linehan in must-win mode, however, future choices won't be enticing for St. Louis."

Fantasy Football - news, projections, rankings, draft guide - Rotoworld.com
Wow......

We can't give up our second because that's needed for the Shockey deal.

Dorsey is a good player, but not worth that much. For "THE NEXT COMING OF REGGIE WHITE" maybe, but not anyone in this draft.

Hey, how'd we get on Mario Williams?

said they have spoken to the Rams.... Wow, they just said we might have to give up both 1st day picks and possibly next years first....do we want Dorsey that bad?

That would be quite a price to pay. I like Glen Dorsey, but WHOA! Thats a might bit steep to me. Honestly, I think Ellis or Trev Laws would be better guys in our system. But hey, if thats our guy, I cant hate on that, Glen D. is a player too.

SAINTS LOOKING TO TRADE UP WITH RAMS?
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 16, 2008, 7:24 p.m.

The conventional wisdom around the NFL is that no team wants to trade into the first few picks in the draft because of the exorbitant salaries and signing bonuses that top picks receive. But one team might be looking to buck that conventional wisdom.

ProFootballTalk.com - Rumor Mill

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom