Saints looking to trade up?!!!..... [MERGED] (2 Viewers)

My dream scenario out of this Rams trade interest....the teams right below the Rams now know that the Saints are serious about trading up, so they may get into a bidding war to make a deal with the Saints....especially if they want to move down and still stay in the top ten. The Saints still could come away with Ellis.

sausage_links.jpg

chain_links.jpg

link_zelda_shiek.jpg

clarence_williams_iii.jpg

Wow........as much as it would hurt (giving stuff up wise) Glenn Dorsey would do wonders for this defense in my opinion.

Having added Vilma, Morgan, Gay, McCray and then Dorsey would be a tremendous improvement to the defense in one offseason.

Add this from Rotoworld...

"According to the new trade chart, it'd take New Orleans' first- and second-round picks to get to No. 2."

Fantasy Football - news, projections, rankings, draft guide - Rotoworld.com

If teams are going by this, I think it's really really tempting to do it.

Haha yeah, right.

NFL Draft Countdown - Trade Value Chart

The #2 pick is worth 2600
The #10 pick is worth 1300.
The #40 pick is worth 500.

My guess is they'd have to throw in next year's 1st. Added to that his salary? No way.

I hate giving up a second. However, I would much rather it be for Dorsey than Shockey.

Haha yeah, right.

My guess is they'd have to throw in next year's 1st. Added to that his salary? No way.

Throwing in next year's first would overwhelmingly give the Rams the better end of the deal, points-wise. The Rams want to get out of that spot more than the Saints want to trade into it. They may be willing to take less than they want. Plus all of this may be a ploy to goad other teams into talking trades with the Saints, so we can get Ellis.

Haha yeah, right.

But then again, it's not like the chart is law. If their guy will be around at 10, they would probably be ok with taking less. Or they could be planning to drop to 10, then jump back up to 5-6 range with the extra picks, which would also make them ok with taking less. Not to mention the possibility of throwing in a player. I agree with you that anything more than this year's 1st and 2nd is too much, though it's possible that the price might not be much more.

Edit: To clarify, I put zero trust in this rumor for what it's worth.

I hate the idea of giving up a second or next years first. I love Dorsey I think hes great but we need some other players with those picks because of only having six is bad enough but a 1st and 2nd only having 4 picks would kill me. I would ok with parting ways with will smith but i wish it could have been charles grant instead. All that said if the saints do it I show support bc i am a fan and i have to live with it. Draft can not come soon enough.

Edit: To clarify, I put zero trust in this rumor for what it's worth.

If it's reported by Adam Shefter, the NFLN's lead reporter, it's likely not a rumor. He doesn't float stuff out there just for kicks.

Whether or not the Saints are truly negotiating in good faith is another story though. I think it could all be a smokescreen. However our first and second round pick, along with something else of lesser value would be worth it to get Dorsey. I don't think Loomis would throw in next year's first though, unless the deal was two firsts for Dorsey, and we get to keep our second rounder. That's a thought.

If it's reported by Adam Shefter, the NFLN's lead reporter, it's likely not a rumor. He doesn't float stuff out there just for kicks.

Whether or not the Saints are truly negotiating in good faith is another story though. I think it could all be a smokescreen. However our first and second round pick, along with something else of lesser value would be worth it to get Dorsey. I don't think Loomis would throw in next year's first though, unless the deal was two firsts for Dorsey, and we get to keep our second rounder. That's a thought.

Perhaps it is a smokescreen towards the Giants to lower their demands for Shockey......since he has been more talked about on this board than anyone else today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom