SAINTS lose Three of last Five games!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
This is how some view us and our schedule!

While the 7-4 record is impressive, even for a team NOT recovering from a 3-13 season, and while we are in the lead of our Division by one game, it's still hard to gain the respect of the pundits and media in general.

Thank GOD, we aren't dependent on them and their opinions.

The SAINTS are an exciting team with strong chemistry within the huddles on Offense and Defense, they play as a team, haven't pointed fingers around the locker-room or questioned the Coaching Staff even when they went on a detour from the winning path they were on initially.

This is a team that is fun to watch, "IN" every game so far and competing right up until the final gun fires! This is a team that you can count on to fight their way through adversity, turnovers and injuries with a great combination of veteran leadership and young talent, including depending on ROOKIES to help the team win!

This team has played other teams that, IMHO, have given them some really great insights into, not only their own team personality, but into that of different look teams with either explosive QB's like vick, completely unknown game plans like the start of Grabowski, huge defenses like the ravens and huber-offenses like the bengals. All of these games will only make the team stronger as we start to entertain thoughts on post-season play!

It's my belief that in spite of what the rest of the League and the Sports Media think and waste ink on printing about how our opponents play rather than place emphasis on the SAINTS good play, our team has been re-constructed by a rookie Head Coach who has made the most out of his opportunity and built a competitive team right out of the blocks.

The so-called "experts" may not know it but, "The SAINTS Are Coming!" and whether they think the glass is half empty (the loss of 3 of the last 5 game reference) the glass is really brimming with optimism and team effort. This is the best Christmas present any SAINTS fan could realistically hope for this season after what we went through last season, and this team just may not be finished with it's abilities and it's success within the League, threatening to make some noise in the post-season.

Forget the headlines about vick and how this team's offense is so great or that team's defense is so strong all the while ignoring the SAINTS good play. We fans KNOW and understand what has happened and what is happening. This SAINTS team is something mighty "Special" with a future success of unlimited porportion.

If I were Coach Payton, I would start putting the ball into the hands of our veterans like Joe Horn and DEUCE and Michael Lewis, Charles Grant, Brian Young, Fujita and Bellamy and call upon all of the veterans on the squad to grab the rest of this season by the throat to give the youngsters the idea of what will be required to finish this season with a flourish!

One way or another I know the rest of the season is going to be a very interesting and entertaining run well into the play-offs and, dare I say it??? Once into the play-offs we have about as good a chance as ANY team to "Take the Cheese!

!!!!!!!!!!! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX !!!!!!!!

Now that is a half full glass, an optimist, a true fan, a bandwagonere, and postive Saint. I like your outlook.

At this point, it's mute that we're 3-5 in our last 5 games. Reality says that our 7-4record is better than any other team in the NFC with the same number of wins vs. losses (Dallas - and Seattle, if they win tonight).

Most teams go through some kind of slump throughtout a 16 game season. None of us want to see it, but I'm glad ours came when it did, if it had to happen.

If it would have occurred during the first 5 games (and more importantly, the 1-3 stretch), I don't know if this young team could have rebounded from that back in September.

If it were to happen in our last five games of the season, that too would be devastating - evidence: 2002.

By it hapening in mid season when we had a comfortable division lead, and losing to the teams we did (AFC), it puts us in the driver's seat with a chance to still build momentum heading into the post season...

If anyone would have asked me in August would I accept this scenario the has evolved for us, I would have told them they were dreaming.

3-5 in mid season? It's over (hopefully).

I'd much rather be 3-5 in our last 5 games and sitting at 7-4, than I'd like to be a Giants, Philly, Falcon, Carolina, Ram, 49er, Seattle, or Ram fan right now - THAT'S REALITY.

The media has to earn their money by creating what they think will sell. That's fine by me.

At this point, it's mute that we're 3-5 in our last 5 games. Reality says that our 7-4record is better than any other team in the NFC with the same number of wins vs. losses (Dallas - and Seattle, if they win tonight).

Most teams go through some kind of slump throughtout a 16 game season. None of us want to see it, but I'm glad ours came when it did, if it had to happen.

If it would have occurred during the first 5 games (and more importantly, the 1-3 stretch), I don't know if this young team could have rebounded from that back in September.

If it were to happen in our last five games of the season, that too would be devastating - evidence: 2002.

By it hapening in mid season when we had a comfortable division lead, and losing to the teams we did (AFC), it puts us in the driver's seat with a chance to still build momentum heading into the post season...

If anyone would have asked me in August would I accept this scenario the has evolved for us, I would have told them they were dreaming.

I'd much rather be 3-5 in our last 5 games and sitting at 7-4, than I'd like to be a Giants, Philly, Falcon, Carolina, Ram, 49er, Seattle, or Ram fan right now - THAT'S REALITY.

The media has to earn their money by creating what they think will sell. That's fine by me.

I completely agree with the timing of our "slump" happening at the completely perfect time for a newly formed and also young team to handle and recover from. Our mix of young and veteran players bodes really well for our rebound and run into the play-offs, IMHO!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reality is that we have an offense that seemly can only stop itself, and even then will they at least fight to the end and produce points. We have a defense, that while they won't win awards, will do the job in an average to above average way.

I can certainly see a six game win streak to end the season and a nice playoff run happening. Which is nice for a change.

At this point, it's mute that we're 3-5 in our last 5 games. ..........

control_mute.jpg

great post kfran

it renders anything you watch pointless...which is often true regardless :hihi:

Agree with the original post. I like to look at it as #2 seed in the NFC! I hope the turnover bug is over with. It's seemingly the only thing that can stop us. heh heh

The way I see things as of today. We make it to the playoffs, I don't think teams will want to face this Saints team especially in the first round. This is a Saints team that can be pretty darn dangerous and which will be riding on alot of emotion after a season like last year. Having a healthy Colston to go along with Devery, Copper and Joe Horn, who you going to cover? Then you have Drew Brees who slices and dices up a defense like a heart surgeon.

If we land a home playoff game to start off with, Man, Oh Man, You guys thought it was loud on that Monday night game. It will be crazy for 4 quarters.

Bayou,

You got that right. I missed the St.Louis game in 2001. Will not miss this one, if we make it. That Dome would be electric, akin to the Monday night home opener. WOW. Thats all I want for Christmas....

The way I see things as of today. We make it to the playoffs, I don't think teams will want to face this Saints team especially in the first round. This is a Saints team that can be pretty darn dangerous and which will be riding on alot of emotion after a season like last year. Having a healthy Colston to go along with Devery, Copper and Joe Horn, who you going to cover? Then you have Drew Brees who slices and dices up a defense like a heart surgeon.

If we land a home playoff game to start off with, Man, Oh Man, You guys thought it was loud on that Monday night game. It will be crazy for 4 quarters.

Not to mention DEUCE and / or Reggie lined up as Split Backs or as a full blown Wide-Outs!

There have NEVER been this many threats on the SAINTS' Offense nor has there been a Field General like Drew to control it all nor a (seemingly gifted) Coach for this team to make the most of what he has!

This season is blowing away "has-been's" first year by miles, IMHO! The "slump" (as was stated earlier on within this thread) happened at a very fortunate time and NOW is a GREAT time to pull out of it, find our identity, focus our Defense, achieve a winning attitude beyond the inital surprise of how the team started the season and let loose the hounds upon the League!

The SAINTS may be 2-3 over the last 5 but they are 7-4 for the year so far with a revitalized, rejuvenaited "feeling" about themselves if I read their expressions and quotes and body language properly!

This is a run to the play-offs that we SAINTS fans should be able to remember and tell our kids and Grand kids about for years over and over again. Now that's JMHO, and I know I could be wrong, but it "feels" so RIGHT!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All you've gotta say in response is "Yeah, we've lost... four of our last eleven, how's your team doing?" Right now, only five teams can claim to be better, and after tonight no more than four can claim to be just as good. Feels good to be top ten!

I can honestly see a 3 game run coming that would put the Saints at 10-4 in three weeks. Wouldn't that be sweet. Good post by the way Dr Daddy-Eaux!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom