Saints lost because of Payton & Brees (1 Viewer)

SaintsMan209

SB This year!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I just rewatched the game and here is the reality. If the Saints would have played ball control and protected the ball they could have leaned on their defense and won. Honestly, the Saints defense played well enough to win the game on their own. The reason we lost is because Payton made very poor decisions and didn't trust his defense. All they had to do was have no turnovers and we would have won. Defense could have been better but honestly they were good enough. It was the offense that kept putting the defense in a very bad position against a high powered offense. This loss falls squarely on Payton and Brees.

I think Brees had a bad game but I put it on the o-line more than anything. Hard to play QB and game plan when your o-line can't do their job.

I do think the defense played well enough to win. They made their fair share of mistakes but wasn't that bad.

Really a made kick by Lutz and we wouldn't be discussing any of this.

This is a whole team loss period!
Absolutely. From th Coaching, Offense, defense, and special teams. None of them played well enough as a unit to win. There were a few individuals that played well for each unit but as a whole they all failed. In a pure team sport that is a loss 99.9% of the time.

The defense was awful in the first half. Cook almost had 100 yards rushing in the first half.
The defense was better in the second half but still average at best.
Surprisingly, Dalvin Cook finished with
28 carries for 94 yards and 2 tds.
The main culprit was adam thielen with
7 catches for 129.
We keep our under 100 yard streak in check..

I just rewatched the game and here is the reality. If the Saints would have played ball control and protected the ball they could have leaned on their defense and won. Honestly, the Saints defense played well enough to win the game on their own. The reason we lost is because Payton made very poor decisions and didn't trust his defense. All they had to do was have no turnovers and we would have won. Defense could have been better but honestly they were good enough. It was the offense that kept putting the defense in a very bad position against a high powered offense. This loss falls squarely on Payton and Brees.
Don’t forget about the whole offensive line did not show up for the game, I read and saw it sadly that they were rushing there DE up the middle and we couldn’t adjust until the 4th qt.. but Payton should have taken that dame time out and left the time on the clock we would have won the dame thing.

Complete team effort, you could also single out Lutz and say we win in regulation if he makes that easy FG before the half. Honestly there are so many things that went it’s shocking we were that close to pulling it off. It’s a tribute to the talent on our team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom