Saints love on ESPN (1 Viewer)

Speaking of love, Prisco gives us some on his week 2 grades:

New Orleans Saints 48, Philadelphia Eagles 22
A Saints: Can anybody stop Brees? The Eagles defense was carved up. The Saints have to worry some about their defense. They made some key stops, but they gave up a lot of yards. They did have three picks.
C+ Eagles: Kevin Kolb made some plays, but the three interceptions hurt. He did throw for 391 yards. The Eagles defense came back down to earth a little. They are better than that. But it's tough against the Saints.

So, we can assume he didn't watch our game right? He makes a big deal of the interceptions with both grades, but two of the picks were during garbage time when the game was well in hand...pretty clear the guy just looked at the stat sheet. Shouldn't the guy who is paid to comment on the NFL watch these games, or at the very least high lights of them?

I think with Sean Payton's commitment to keep the team focused with his comments of "it's just two wins" and not to eat the cheese, and then throw in Drew Brees' leadership and the leadership of this team in general, the Saints will stay focused and hungry.

As for the media love, that's for the media and the fans that wish to take part in it. I will revel in it, because it would be hypocritical of me not to if I ever once posted that we didn't get any "respekt". Besides, while I soak the media love, I do so fully knowing that Payton, Brees and the leadership on this team is focused on one goal and that just makes me even giddier.

Media love=stories and merchandise.

Maybe, just maybe, if the Cowgirls continue to slide, we'll finally hear as much about Brees as we do Romo.

Its already started where I work

The fair weather fans jump on the bandwagon.

Next thing you know, everybody and his brother will claim they've been Saints fans for decades!

Real fans, brace yourselves, this will get worse if we keep winning.

ddd

I work at Con Agra Foods HQ in Omaha and all of a sudden there are people I do not even know, approach me and give me a "yeah, I'm a fan too... business" I'm like... ok I'll make room for you on the bandwagon but you better stay on regardless of the outcome of this season" btw, did you hear the new catch phrase audible by the Giants and Cowgirls the other night? "Omaha" "omaha" I wonder what that means..... means run the hell away as fast as you can cuz the mayor here sux" lol

The fair weather fans jump on the bandwagon.

Next thing you know, everybody and his brother will claim they've been Saints fans for decades!

Real fans, brace yourselves, this will get worse if we keep winning.

ddd

It's already begun.....not necessarily this forum but trash talking yahoos claiming to be Saints fans are popping up on our rivals forums. They talk like the Saints are guaranteed a Superbowl spot. Where do these idiots come from?

Look, I said, "who cares what they think" when they didn't give us love, now I am saying, "who cares what they think" when they do show us the love. One loss and their love will evaporate. They can stick it up their a@s. It's us against the media world. I don't want them near our bandwagon. Only Buddy D, Mike D. and Jim Henderson are allowed (maybe Bobby Hebert), but the rest need not apply for this job.

i wouldn't take any game for granted. The minute the saints do that, they will start losing. Every opponent should be taken seriously untill the clock runs out.

I'm not going to take it for granted, I'm just not going to be as nervous as I was for the Philly game, and I was really nervous about it. I just think if they play on the level they have been playing, then we will win.

Darren Sharper mentioned last night that the only thing winning the first 2 games does is guarantee that the team wont finish any worse than 2-14. Thats the exact attitude we need to have. I dont thinbk this team is like the Haslett era teams where public acceptance will automatically be a lost the next week. This team has bigger goals than being accepted by the national media.

every stupid analyst, besides our guy Terry Bradshaw, picked the Eagles to beat the Saints then after we embarrassed them...they're all on our d***s

the media talk kills me in th eoffseason because that all us out of towners have... then we have to deal with other teams fans... and watch them laugh and briing up the whole "aints" thing. i was telling them we found a defense but they laughed and said i always make these bold predictions. well whose laughing now

Yeah, everyone of the writers on Around The Horn just completely bought the Saints as being this good!!! And they didn't just talk about Drew, they mentioned the running game, the amount of weapons, a 5th ranked rushing Def and 6 int's in the first two games!!!

The rest of the NFL better take notice!!!

Watched Around the Horn and they gave us some serious props. But then at the very end of the Saints segment Jay Mariotti said, "but in a few weeks the Saints play AT the Jets, should be a great test for them." Really Jay?? That game is da dome. Get it right man.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom