Saints Made a Play for Joe Haden per Werder (1 Viewer)

The two best moves the Saints have made this season are the moves they didn't make. They didn't sign Josh Norman and trade for Joe Haden.

The two best moves the Saints have made this season are the moves they didn't make. They didn't sign Josh Norman and trade for Joe Haden.

Wait... Norman is having a great year.

Didn't say that and I understand he was forced into that position.

However about 2 weeks ago SP called Crawley a really good player etc etc and now its starting to look like he just didn't want to kill his confidence or give coaches a reason to pick on him. I'm not downing him but he should not be the #2 and we know that and we tried to do something about it in the short term but decided it wasn't worth the price.

Not sure if there is something wrong with what I said?

Crawley should be a 4th/5th DB at best as an Injury sub/developmental player.

Maybe I'm coming off as harsh IDK but I was just pointing out that we gave him a vote of confidence that hasn't lined up with his play and it was more or less confirmed by this thread. Because if what he said 2 weeks ago was legit...we'd be "moving forward" with him as the #2 but we obviously tried to upgrade him. Just like if Hill would have been the player we thought we were getting via that vote of confidence there would have been no need to sign Fleener this off-season.

Just was identifying coach speak. Don't mind me shrugs.

I don't know if I understand what you are trying to say because a 4th/5th DB subbing in for injury is exactly what Crawley is.

I think pass rusher and LB are bigger concerns. Breaux is about to be back and Id like to see Crowley continue to play. Then draft a corner and sign a mid tier guy. With Breaux, Williams, free agent, Crawley, Moore, Rookie, Swann and Webb it would give us a corners going into camp plus udfa guys. Then we can keep 6 on actual roster instead of 5 RB's.

Glad it didn't happen b/c it would have probably been too costly. Also, I hope one day the team learns how to develop defensive draft picks. Other than Jordan the cupbard has been pretty bare

I think pass rusher and LB are bigger concerns. Breaux is about to be back and Id like to see Crowley continue to play. Then draft a corner and sign a mid tier guy. With Breaux, Williams, free agent, Crawley, Moore, Rookie, Swann and Webb it would give us a corners going into camp plus udfa guys. Then we can keep 6 on actual roster instead of 5 RB's.

Ya, making a move to try and get pass rusher wouldve been nice. I saw Cam Wake's name tossed around as a trade piece.

Do you think we offered Ingram and they said, "no way", and slammed the phone down?

I'm worried with Haden's recent performance that he would just be another Byrd level contract for 3 more years ($10-$11mil cap hit for 3 more years). Glad we passed on giving up a ton for him.

I'm inclined to think this, but part of me is also thinking that maybe he is just unmotivated bc he is sick of playing for a team that is lucky to win 5 games a season. Constant losing for the entirety of ones career can seriously demoralize even the most hardworking and determined players. Now maybe he's slacked off bc he got paid, or maybe he is just sick of losing. I guess only time will tell.

6 on roster sted of 5 RB's -- TOTALLY!

Nice.. confirms what we already know. The #2 position is a liability at the moment. They at least made an attempt to rectify it and are not satisfied moving forward. Sterling Moore/Breaux as your CB's by week 12.

Starting to realize that the trumping up of Crawley by SP was coach speak similar to what he did with Josh Hill after the Graham trade.

With all due respect it confirms nothing. We put out a feeler for a top player that plays a coveted position. That's a lot of reading between the lines and your speculation.

Glad it didn't happen b/c it would have probably been too costly. Also, I hope one day the team learns how to develop defensive draft picks. Other than Jordan the cupbard has been pretty bare

No joke dude. Crowley, Webb, Moore and Harris are getting worse every game. Bell? Forget about it. Terrible terrible. Stupar, Robertson and Mauti should be embarrassed with how great they were playing before they got here as opposed to now. Davison and Omeyate should be cut right now. You're right. These coaches are horrible only allowing about 14 points a game on defense last couple of weeks.

This team needs a lock down corner and Haden has been elite every season of his career thus far (minus the injury from last season).

You are talking about finally having a number 1 corner, something we have not had since Lewis was healthy.

Money wise, that's cheap money for an elite corner and he is signed for the next 3 seasons. I sure would like to know what 'too much' really was. He is worth a 2nd at minimum and probably a 1st. He is in his prime for the remainder of his contract. My guess is we would be disappointed to find out the asking price and be left wondering why we didn't pull the trigger.

With all due respect it confirms nothing. We put out a feeler for a top player that plays a coveted position. That's a lot of reading between the lines and your speculation.

Probably...but reading between the lines is kind of what I do. I dig beneath the surface a little. That's how I've acquired a good deal of the knowledge I have. Double Edge Sword. Sometimes im right...sometimes I'm wrong.

Biggest thing is I'm going for 50/50 so its not unfathomable. I don't know if you call declining because the price was too high a feeler. That suggest had the asking price been proper the trigger would have been pulled suggesting we would have liked to Upgrade the position but again...either thats right or wrong.

Most feelers don't get reported so the talks were serious.

I guess It's just me being harsh on the rookie than it is about the obvious.

This team needs a lock down corner and Haden has been elite every season of his career thus far (minus the injury from last season).

You are talking about finally having a number 1 corner, something we have not had since Lewis was healthy.

Money wise, that's cheap money for an elite corner and he is signed for the next 3 seasons. I sure would like to know what 'too much' really was. He is worth a 2nd at minimum and probably a 1st. He is in his prime for the remainder of his contract. My guess is we would be disappointed to find out the asking price and be left wondering why we didn't pull the trigger.

Based on the fact he is not playing well lately, had some injury problems and have a big salary the saints would have to pay he is worth no more than a 3rd.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom