Saints make Zach Thomas an offer!! (1 Viewer)

lets get briggs and thomas
new age dome patrol

lets get briggs and thomas
new age dome patrol

That would be nuts. We def. have the cap space to do it.

We've still gotta get an elite DT somehow though for things to really click.

well he would instantly improve our defense with his talents and veteran leadership,we did our part,now the balls in your court zack.

Not only that...

But that he can stay healthy for the season.

I know we have to be cautious about the injury deal, but guys last year was the first year that Zach was out that amount of time. And the year right before that he had 165 tackles!! the most in his career, so that tells me he was showing no signs of slowing down!

If we got these two dudes, maybe trade up in the draft for Ellis or Dorsey? Still a hole at CB though.....

I know he's an upgrade and all...but I'd rather have Briggs....just MY $0.02

Briggs is gonna get a contract in excess of $60 million with over $20 million in guarantees. That's too much of a risk IMO. I'd rather play it safe, sign Thomas to a nice manageable deal and spend the big money on another player (interior offensive line or secondary).

For the amount Briggs would cost, we could get Thomas AND Kawika Mitchell and save money.

Last edited:
If we got these two dudes, maybe trade up in the draft for Ellis or Dorsey? Still a hole at CB though.....

No trade ups!!!!:covri:

We NEED a top tier conerback we WANT a run stuffing DT

Briggs & Thomas plus draft Mckelvin or Jenkins

and get a DT in the 2nd or 3rd

I would cry if that happened..and if realchrism's mock works out like that, the top 10 atleast, then we get Dorsey. I would most likely burst into tears and scream my butt off..but we need to get decent CBs in FA, we won't need any studs with a defense like that
picture this

DE: Will Smith, Charles Grant
DT: Glenn Dorsey, Hollis/Young
CB: Drayton Florence, Usama Young
OLB:Fujita, Briggs
MLB: Zach Thomas
FS:Kaesviharn
SS:Roman Harper

championship defense!!

No trade ups!!!!:covri:

We NEED a top tier conerback we WANT a run stuffing DT

Briggs & Thomas plus draft Mckelvin or Jenkins

and get a DT in the 2nd or 3rd

I don't disagree with you vehemently, however the Giants proved to us that average / capable CB's could do very well with an excellent front seven in front of them. Part of me believes that this was the key to Samuels success in NE.

I am not a big fan of this move. Year after year we bring in older backers to fill the Mike spot. Zach was an elite backer but I look at his age and recent concussion history and wonder, why are we pursuing him? Payton acknowledged that we need to get younger and better on defense. We may be better with Zach in the middle temporarily, but we are certainly not getting younger.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom