Saints management played it smart with Billy Miller and Eric Johnson (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They let them test free agency while still expressing interest in their services. They did not draw a lot of attention therefore the price was probably driven down to some degree. It works out for both sides. By allowing them to become free agents the price went down when the market wasn't screaming for them but by keeping the interested in the Saints we probably met halfway but still saved money.

Good move Loomis.

They let them test free agency while still expressing interest in their services. They did not draw a lot of attention therefore the price was probably driven down to some degree. It works out for both sides. By allowing them to become free agents the price went down when the market wasn't screaming for them but by keeping the interested in the Saints we probably met halfway but still saved money.

Good move Loomis.

I assume this means we resigned Johnson?

ddd

When did Johnson get re-signed?

It seems that the Saints had every intention of bringing Billy Miller back into the fold. Billy Miller by his own admission said that their were some teams who had contacted his agent, But he was not interested visiting any. That seems to suggest Billy was assured by the Saints they were going to resign him.

Maybe this was because with basically only one TE Mark Campbell under contract, The Saints would look more attractive in Free Agency for a TE. Once it appeared this did not work out, The Saints moved to resign Miller which they planned to do all alone..

Judging by some of the posts "we're still no better at TE", it sounds like no one is real high on Billy Miller. I thought Billy Miller played lights out last season! He made some big plays and got quite a few yards after contact. I think we're much better off with him than without him. I know everyone was high on trying to sign Ben Troupe, but I don't think he offers anything more than what Billy Miller can. I'm just not sure what everyone was expecting at TE in free agency. I think the FO did a great job resigning him, and the fact that Billy Miller didn't truly test free agency means that he'll be playing in NO because he really wants too!

If the contracts are right, as they appear to be, then you have to commend the front office. We've neither gotten better or worse at tight end, but we aren't married to any of these guys. So far, these guys are coming to camp and competing for a roster spot. It doesn't preclude us from signing or obtaining or even drafting another tight end.

There's no negative side to this.

If the contracts are right, as they appear to be, then you have to commend the front office. We've neither gotten better or worse at tight end, but we aren't married to any of these guys. So far, these guys are coming to camp and competing for a roster spot. It doesn't preclude us from signing or obtaining or even drafting another tight end.

There's no negative side to this.

"If the contracts are right, as they appear to be, then you have to commend the front office"

So can you confirm Johnson has been resigned?

ddd

Good move Loomis.

when did we resign Johnson???

I hope so. If Johnson's healthy, he's good. I expect him to do better this year. He's better than he played last year. I'm happy Billy Miller's back.

wow who is your avatar dude?

Haven't re-signed Johnson yet, but I think it was the same TP article that talked about re-signing Billy Miller mention that Eric Johnson really wanted to re-sign with the Saints, too

I totally agree with iambruce. Miller played with passion last year and the fact that he WANTS to be in New Orleans is awesome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom