Saints maxed out with 5 primetime games (1 Viewer)

Damn straight they do. We are on player radars in free agency on a regular basis now. We have a brash offensive genius in Sean Payton, a star player in AK41 along with a top WR returning from injury eager to prove that he wasn't made by a Future HOF and most accurate QB, ever. The Saints have something going on from the front offense to the practice squad. And now you have a prior #1 overall pick, former division rival heisman trophy winning QB trying to take over the reigns from the legend. Best story in the NFL.
Taysom Hill kinda proved Brees didn't make Thomas. Thomas is just that good. It'll be good to see him healthy this year.

I think people forget that the Saints hired Sean Payton first before he (ML) signed Brees. The Saints with SP, loaded with weapons and the opportunity to coach another QB for the foreseeable future is very exciting. CSP has to be chomping at the bit to remind the NFL who the real offensive mastermind is.

Damn straight they do. We are on player radars in free agency on a regular basis now. We have a brash offensive genius in Sean Payton, a star player in AK41 along with a top WR returning from injury eager to prove that he wasn't made by a Future HOF and most accurate QB, ever. The Saints have something going on from the front offense to the practice squad. And now you have a prior #1 overall pick, former division rival heisman trophy winning QB trying to take over the reigns from the legend. Best story in the NFL.
I think the major reason we were on the FA radar was Drew and Coach Payton. Make no mistake Drew was a big draw. If somehow Coach can make Jameis something other than the Jameis of old then we could then be a top destination again. I would think a lot of FA's are watching what happens at QB. I think this could be a pivotal year for the franchise ascending back to top places to play or we could backslide. It's all about the QB position.

I think people forget that the Saints hired Sean Payton first before he (ML) signed Brees. The Saints with SP, loaded with weapons and the opportunity to coach another QB for the foreseeable future is very exciting. CSP has to be chomping at the bit to remind the NFL who the real offensive mastermind is.

I don’t believe anyone has forgotten how good of a coach Payton is, but many also realize it’s entirely possible we’re just mediocre this year. It happens even to the best coaches after losing star QBs. Look at the Patriots. It’ll be exciting regardless, but who knows how we’ll turn out. The roster is still pretty strong, fortunately, but QB changes can be scary. Regardless of how strong the team is and how well Payton coaches, we’ve got to have fairy good QB play. I think and hope we will, but we’ll see.

I was wondering about this, how does the league determine who gets the 9th home game as opposed to 9 road games?

I was wondering about this, how does the league determine who gets the 9th home game as opposed to 9 road games?
This year the AFC gets the 9th home games next year the NFC gets them.

There are 10 NFL teams who have the maximum five prime-time games initially in 2021: Bucs, Cowboys, Packers, Saints, Seahawks, 49ers, Rams, Ravens, Steelers, Chiefs. Teams with four: Bears, Vikings, Bills, Colts.

Given that almost half the teams in the league have at least four prime-time games, it would be very unusual for the Saints, who have been perennial playoff contenders for years now, to not at least have that many, so five actually isn't that surprising, even with the lowered expectations this year.

Definitely thought it was interesting to see, especially with three of them being home games. But I also noticed how some teams have multiple SNF games. KC, GB, and SF all have 3 a pieces, with the Rams, Bears and Cowboys having two a piece. Goes to show the league definitely favors some markets but the flex rule does help a bit even though it's still skeptical at times.

Respect from the league. I am kinda surprised and kinda expecting this too. Now let's get going for the QB battle!

I don’t believe anyone has forgotten how good of a coach Payton is, but many also realize it’s entirely possible we’re just mediocre this year. It happens even to the best coaches after losing star QBs. Look at the Patriots. It’ll be exciting regardless, but who knows how we’ll turn out. The roster is still pretty strong, fortunately, but QB changes can be scary. Regardless of how strong the team is and how well Payton coaches, we’ve got to have fairy good QB play. I think and hope we will, but we’ll see.

On the positive side, the QB we are going with can still throw the ball. That wasn't the case with NE.

I could be wrong but I believe the Saints only had 4 prime time games in 2020.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom