Saints media lovefest offically over (1 Viewer)

So maybe he should be on a Patriots borad talking about his 17-0 Pats. I'm just saying, it's a cop-out to pick 2 "favorite teams". Choose a team, if they win great, if they lose, too bad. Grow a spinal chord, and make a decision.

It just seems convenient that when you claim the Pats and the Saints as your favorite teams. It's a win/win situation. If the Pats do well, you have a reason to be happy. If the Saints do well you have a reason to be happy. Just do all of us real Saints fans a favor and jump off the bandwagon right now. We all know you hate the Colts and Peyton Manning especially. I read your posts about Manning having an easier ride to the NFL. You say Brady had such a tough road, but he really didn't. The man played at Michigan. MICHIGAN! Despite the fact that their brand of football is total crap, Michigan is a BIG TIME college football school. Brady was drafted in the 6th round, and kudos to the Pats for seeing something in him, but to say that he had a harder road to the NFL is crap and just proves that you are truely a PATS fan and nothing more. Do you not remember how MR. Brady got his job in the first place? That's right, he pretty much broke the cardinal rule in the NFL. You can't lose your job due to injury, (Unless it is a career ending injury) and thats exactly what he did. He STOLE Drew Bledsoe's job right from under him, and basically ran him out of town. GO TO A PATRIOT BOARD, IT'S WHERE YOU BELONG!

It's not "convenient" at all. It isn't difficult to comprehend that I was born and lived the first 15 years of my life in Boston and then I moved here and I am now a season ticket holder for the Saints and have been for 7 years. If you have a problem with that I don't really care, and "jump off the bandwagon?" Yeah, everyone jumps on a bandwagon after a 7-9 season, good call there, buddy. That's not speaking ill of the Saints, it's merely pointing out the flaw in your logic.

Further, it is my OPINION that Brady had it tougher, if you disagree that's perfectly fine. It doesn't show that I'm a "Pats fan and nothing more" because I choose Brady over Manning, that's just dumb.

Third, it isn't Brady's fault that he kept that job, it's Belichick's for giving it to him, if you want to be mad at anyone blame BB, and really what did you want Brady to do? Say "no coach, I know it's my dream and all and we were 5-13 the last 2 seasons before I took over and now this team is really coming together, but I think we should hand the reins back to a guy who you already didn't like in camp (as cited in the books "Patriot Reign", and "Education of a Coach".)

Finally, I DO post on a Patriots board as well. If you don't like what I post, don't read it. It's a fairly simple process of seeing my screen name and ignoring the post. I think you can handle it :9:

It's not "convenient" at all. It isn't difficult to comprehend that I was born and lived the first 15 years of my life in Boston and then I moved here and I am now a season ticket holder for the Saints and have been for 7 years. If you have a problem with that I don't really care, and "jump off the bandwagon?" Yeah, everyone jumps on a bandwagon after a 7-9 season, good call there, buddy. That's not speaking ill of the Saints, it's merely pointing out the flaw in your logic.

Further, it is my OPINION that Brady had it tougher, if you disagree that's perfectly fine. It doesn't show that I'm a "Pats fan and nothing more" because I choose Brady over Manning, that's just dumb.

Third, it isn't Brady's fault that he kept that job, it's Belichick's for giving it to him, if you want to be mad at anyone blame BB, and really what did you want Brady to do? Say "no coach, I know it's my dream and all and we were 5-13 the last 2 seasons before I took over and now this team is really coming together, but I think we should hand the reins back to a guy who you already didn't like in camp (as cited in the books "Patriot Reign", and "Education of a Coach".)

Finally, I DO post on a Patriots board as well. If you don't like what I post, don't read it. It's a fairly simple process of seeing my screen name and ignoring the post. I think you can handle it :9:

Man, you take a lot of heat on this board for being a pats fan, and as one of the lurkers let me just say that I am sad that rather than have good football discussion, you always have to defend yourself on threads like these.

I really don't understand how Brees' Week 9 game vs. Jacksonville didn't make the cut...

where he threw for 346 yards Passing in the 1st HALF alone?

he finished the game with 3 TDs/ 0 Ints on 35 completions for 445 yards. He really could've had a ridiculous amount of yardage like 550-600 range if we didn't pull the reigns back a bit in the 2nd half after pulling away.

Man, you take a lot of heat on this board for being a pats fan, and as one of the lurkers let me just say that I am sad that rather than have good football discussion, you always have to defend yourself on threads like these.

ditto

:covri:

Because a fair-weather / bandwagon fan would still be reading and posting on this forum during the off-season, and after the poor showing we witnessed this last year.

/sarcasm

Last edited:
I really don't understand how Brees' Week 9 game vs. Jacksonville didn't make the cut...

where he threw for 346 yards Passing in the 1st HALF alone?

he finished the game with 3 TDs/ 0 Ints on 35 completions for 445 yards. He really could've had a ridiculous amount of yardage like 550-600 range if we didn't pull the reigns back a bit in the 2nd half after pulling away.

This is exactly my point. There are games this year where Drew Brees clearly showed he is a top 5 QB in this league, but Black and gold has to find a way to spin it so that he can say why Brees didn't get it. Well I tell you wht, I don't get it. I don't understand how you can be a true fan of 2 teams. I can't fathom being so excited about the Saints, and also the Texans. (I live in Houston via St. Bernard) I just can't do it. He makes an excuse for why Drew wasn't listed, but everything the Patriots do is defended by him. If you're going to be a fan, then be a fan and defend your team and its players. That's why I am so annoyed with him.

This is exactly my point. There are games this year where Drew Brees clearly showed he is a top 5 QB in this league, but Black and gold has to find a way to spin it so that he can say why Brees didn't get it. Well I tell you wht, I don't get it. I don't understand how you can be a true fan of 2 teams. I can't fathom being so excited about the Saints, and also the Texans. (I live in Houston via St. Bernard) I just can't do it. He makes an excuse for why Drew wasn't listed, but everything the Patriots do is defended by him. If you're going to be a fan, then be a fan and defend your team and its players. That's why I am so annoyed with him.

Oh so to you fan = homer, got it. No one is saying that Brees isn't a top 5 QB, that isn't the point. My first post says "I agree with that but I can understand why he wasn't listed" meaning just that. I'm merely pointing out to other Saints fans why something may have happened with regards to the team. If you want to treat the forum as a cheering section where we don't look at anything objectively and just scream "geaux Saints" the whole time, then by all means, be my guest. I "defend" the Patriots when they are attacked just as I "defend" the Saints when non Saints fans attack them, just as I wore my Deuce jersey when I was in Boston over the Summer. I'm sorry if you don't "get it" with regards to the teams I root for, but I don't ask you to and I don't care and frankly if it weren't the Pats, or if the Pats were still the Pats of the 90's, no one here would give a damn about it. Who exactly would I be defending Drew to here anyway? I mean according to that logic every thread should be piling on as opposed to asking "ok why is this the way it is" and looking for an answer.

True, I did forget the Arizona game. If the Saints didn't blow the next two it probably would have made it.

This quote is another example. Drew had an amazing game that day. The next two games had absolutely nothing to do with his play the Sunday that the Saints played the Cardinals. Why would you say something like this? The media already knows that games played after a specific game have nothing to do with the initial game's outcome, therefore you cannot discredit the good game he had because of a few bad ones afterwards. The game still happened, and it was still one of the better qb preformances of the year, but you have to make an excuse why he didn't get recognized. DEFEND YOUR TEAM IF YOU CLAIM IT'S YOUR TEAM!

This quote is another example. Drew had an amazing game that day. The next two games had absolutely nothing to do with his play the Sunday that the Saints played the Cardinals. Why would you say something like this? The media already knows that games played after a specific game have nothing to do with the initial game's outcome, therefore you cannot discredit the good game he had because of a few bad ones afterwards. The game still happened, and it was still one of the better qb preformances of the year, but you have to make an excuse why he didn't get recognized. DEFEND YOUR TEAM IF YOU CLAIM IT'S YOUR TEAM!

I honestly don't know how to make this any clearer to you, so I'll try this last time. Yes, Drew had an amazing game that day, no question. Should it have been one of the games cited? Probably so. Did I say it shouldn't be in there? NO! Does the media constantly overlook accomplishments of teams that fall out of contention or are in smaller markets? YES! That's the point I'm making!! It has nothing to do with "defending" the Saints to other Saints fans (an absurd concept if there ever was one) and EVERYTHING to do with asking WHY something happened the way it did. Capice? Drew absolutely played a few games that could be on that list but what I did here was try to look for a reason as to why they aren't, it's really that simple. IF you want to go through life and just complain and say "hey my guy should be on there" and not stop and think about why it is the case, then feel free to do so, but don't ask me to do the same. The fact that you had to dig up a thread that's been dead for 3 days to argue with me is ridiculous.

bng#numbers is officially one of my favorite posters on this site now

Kudos to you, sir

So maybe he should be on a Patriots borad talking about his 17-0 Pats. I'm just saying, it's a cop-out to pick 2 "favorite teams". Choose a team, if they win great, if they lose, too bad. Grow a spinal chord, and make a decision.

Thats not fair. Not all of us grew up or lived in NO. I for one became a fan years ago for probably some of the dumbest reasons but guess what...the team grew on me and I've been a fan since '89. However, I lived in Miami for 27 years so naturally I also root for the Dolphins. Yeah...the crappy 1-15 Dolphins. Is it really wrong to like 2 teams? I sure don't think so. I can understand if he was a Falcons fan and a Saints fan.....now that would just be downright crazy but....he likes two teams that really don't see each other but once every 4 years. Who cares? I honestly think a lot of this is simply a little jealousy due to the fact that we would ALL love to see the Saints do what the Pats are doing one day.

Oh and by the way.....when the Dolphins and Saints do meet....I always pull for NO. But that rarely happens so....life is SWEET!

Last edited:
Thats not fair. Not all of us grew up or lived in NO. I for one became a fan years ago for probably some of the dumbest reasons but guess what...the team grew on me and I've been a fan since '89. However, I lived in Miami for 27 years so naturally I also root for the Dolphins. Yeah...the crappy 1-15 Dolphins. Is it really wrong to like 2 teams? I sure don't think so. I can understand if he was a Falcons fan and a Saints fan.....now that would just be downright crazy but....he likes two teams that really don't see each other but once every 4 years. Who cares? I honestly think a lot of this is simply a little jealousy due to the fact that we would ALL love to see the Saints do what the Pats are doing one day.

Oh and by the way.....when the Dolphins and Saints do meet....I always pull for NO. But that rarely happens so....life is SWEET!

I think the dual-team concept to a lot of us is considered cheating as a fan. I know that personally I'm envious of BnG. I wish I could root for another team as passionately as I root for the Saints, but I can't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom