Saints & Media Tweets / Training Camp Notes -- Thursday 8/13 (2 Viewers)

Seems like he doesn’t have that hitter mentality. He often tends to wait for the ball carrier to get to him and then loses the momentum battle. This seems to lead to some missed tackles or weak tackles and extra yards for the opposition. Our guy Ceedy Duce looks to attack ball carries and drive them back. We need more of that from Marcus.
Yeah he better step up cause I think his seat is looking pretty hot now.

I cannot remember a big “ball in air” play that he made that has jumped off the screen.

I’ve read he does a lot of things behind the scenes really well. In position, making the qb go through the progressions etc. But don’t remember a dynamic ball-in-air play in a crucial moment.

I don't think that's even close to correct. Name the player on this roster who replaces him as center field safety. We have strong safeties and nickel safeties who are good to great in those positions, those are not players who will play center/free in the same way Marcus does.

And if his seat was hot, you know they would have brought someone in to challenge.

It's his job to lose.

Last edited:
I cannot remember a big “ball in air” play that he made that has jumped off the screen.

I’ve read he does a lot of things behind the scenes really well. In position, making the qb go through the progressions etc. But don’t remember a dynamic ball-in-air play in a crucial moment.
It's a bit like the way fans don't remember WRs making incredible blocks to spring long runs or runs after the catch. They happen, but you don't always see them happen.

I don't think that's even close to correct. Name the player on this roster who replaces him as center field safety. We have strong safeties and nickel safeties who are good to great in those positions, those are not players who will player center/free in the same way Marcus does.

And if his seat was hot, you know they would have brought someone in to challenge.

It's his job to lose.
I'm just saying when he does a good job he does BUT he don't show up when it count. Let's go back to the game in Minnesota where he whiffed and cost us the game to go to Philly and he held on to Kittle mask for dear life adding 15 yards so San Fran could win last year. He don't know how to freaking tackle. Cmon man. That's all I'm saying

I'm just saying when he does a good job he does BUT he don't show up when it count. Let's go back to the game in Minnesota where he whiffed and cost us the game to go to Philly and he held on to Kittle mask for dear life adding 15 yards so San Fran could win last year. He don't know how to freaking tackle. Cmon man. That's all I'm saying
Judging a player's career by two plays is folly.

Not to mention that Kittle already had converted the fourth down (on Duce) well before Williams came in to try and clean that up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom