Saints & Media Tweets / Training Camp Notes -- Thursday 8/13 (1 Viewer)

But he could've been taken out or down at the 50 instead of putting them in position for an easy field goal.
He could. But in case you missed it, Kittle is either the best or second best TE in the NFL. Guy is a beast and made an all Pro play when the game was on the line.

But sure, let's blame the guy who came over to help out on the play. Shame on him.

He could. But in case you missed it, Kittle is either the best or second best TE in the NFL. Guy is a beast and made an all Pro play when the game was on the line.

But sure, let's blame the guy who came over to help out on the play. Shame on him.

Maybe try tackling instead of grabbing the facemask.

OrneryIdealKomododragon-size_restricted.gif

It's a bit like the way fans don't remember WRs making incredible blocks to spring long runs or runs after the catch. They happen, but you don't always see them happen.
I do get it. In part I may be funnelling a little frustration on the entire defense for 3 years.

Minny Miracle, the Rams drive to tie it up before OT. Just no secondary plays. The last drive in the Niners game.

The aerial attack in OT vs Vikings.

Just someone make that highlight reel play. Somebody. Cam can’t do it all.

I do get it. In part I may be funnelling a little frustration on the entire defense for 3 years.

Minny Miracle, the Rams drive to tie it up before OT. Just no secondary plays. The last drive in the Niners game.

The aerial attack in OT vs Vikings.

Just someone make that highlight reel play. Somebody. Cam can’t do it all.

It is not a crime to say that this defense lacks a true playmaker. We have some excellent defensive players. But we don't have any single "now, that guy is a PROBLEM" player.

Seems like it's been a long time since we had a defensive play win the game for us (as opposed to just holding on), and the last three playoff losses and the biggest RS game of the year (49ers in 2019) all ended with the other team scoring on the last play of the game after starting on their side of the 50. And the Rams playoff loss was a double-whammy -- the Rams scored on a long drive at the end of regulation as well as to end the game in OT.

Not saying I'm not grateful.

But this defense is now a clean 0-4 in clutch, save-the-season situtations. If an aging Brees doesn't have us up by nine with under two minutes left, there's not a Saints fan alive that has the confidence the D will hold the game.

Part of the problem is that once they get into the situational four-downs-for-ten-yards instead of the normal three, it's harder for us not to get exposed on one of the four downs (remember the 4th-and-8 catch-and-run by Kittle, where our genius DC had a rookie on their best player), and we sure as **** aren't getting a big swooping INT or a whip-your-man's-butt Rickey Jackson-type sack out of any of these guys.

Cam Jordan included. Trying to remember when he had a game-ending big play. Somebody help me.

Maybe try tackling instead of grabbing the facemask.

OrneryIdealKomododragon-size_restricted.gif
Wow, thanks. Because I hadn't already seen the video. The video of the play I'm talking about. The one I already discussed as if I'd seen it. Several times.

Guess what? It didn't show me anything I hadn't already seen. But yeah, thanks.

Notice how there's three of them hanging off him at the end of the play? All of them desperately trying to tackle the runaway all Pro? Yeah, it's totally all on Williams - now where did I put that rolls eyes emoji?

Now, how about we focus on these tweets and get behind the team...?

Wow, thanks. Because I hadn't already seen the video. The video of the play I'm talking about. The one I already discussed as if I'd seen it. Several times.

Notice how there's three of them hanging off him at the end of the play? All of them desperately trying to tackle the runaway all Pro? Yeah, it's totally all on Williams - now where did I put that rolls eyes emoji?

Not all on Williams. Shanahan schooled Allen, we had a rookie one-on-one with Kittle (shades of Vernon Davis :covri:).

But that high-grab tackle by Williams was pathetic. He didn't go for the legs or the ball, he was just grabbing. That's terrible.

Not all on Williams. Shanahan schooled Allen, we had a rookie one-on-one with Kittle (shades of Vernon Davis :covri:).

But that high-grab tackle by Williams was pathetic. He didn't go for the legs or the ball, he was just grabbing. That's terrible.
Not his best play, by far. But a couple of people have been talking as if these are his only football plays. It's very, very easy to only focus on the bad ones, they tend to be most memorable because they hurt. But in truth there's a body of work far wider than those two plays that stand him in good stead. I hope you get to see more of those positive plays this year, to give us some new improved memories.

Zack Baun’s name doesn’t match his picture at all
He looks nothing like a Zack Baun

tbc, I don’t know what a Zack Baun looks like, but I know it’s not that

While we’re talking about Williams, Steve Gellar just said his missed tackles went from 5 in 2018 to 10 in 2019.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom