Saints & Media Tweets / Training Camp Notes -- Thursday 8/13 (1 Viewer)

They weren't in field goal range after that.

Yes they were. The penalty gave them the ball at the 14 yard line. They ran it to the 11, took a knee, and kicked the field goal.

• 4th & 2 at SF 33
    (0:39 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Garoppolo pass short left to G.Kittle to NO 28 for 39 yards (M.Williams; C.Gardner-Johnson). PENALTY on NO-M.Williams, Face Mask (15 Yards), 14 yards, enforced at NO 28. Pass 7, YAC 31
  • 1st & 10 at NO 14
    (0:28 - 4th) R.Mostert right tackle to NO 11 for 3 yards (D.Davis).

• (0:23 - 4th) Timeout #3 by NO at 00:23.
  • 2nd & 7 at NO 11
    (0:22 - 4th) J.Garoppolo kneels to NO 12 for -1 yards

Yes they were. The penalty gave them the ball at the 14 yard line. They ran it to the 11, took a knee, and kicked the field goal.

• 4th & 2 at SF 33
    (0:39 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Garoppolo pass short left to G.Kittle to NO 28 for 39 yards (M.Williams; C.Gardner-Johnson). PENALTY on NO-M.Williams, Face Mask (15 Yards), 14 yards, enforced at NO 28. Pass 7, YAC 31
  • 1st & 10 at NO 14
    (0:28 - 4th) R.Mostert right tackle to NO 11 for 3 yards (D.Davis).

• (0:23 - 4th) Timeout #3 by NO at 00:23.
  • 2nd & 7 at NO 11
    (0:22 - 4th) J.Garoppolo kneels to NO 12 for -1 yards

Damn, I don't remember it like that! Either way, even if you count that it's only 2 instances out of several years where he cost us a game so get over it. He does way more to help us win games than he has costing us games. This is just facts.

While we’re talking about Williams, Steve Gellar just said his missed tackles went from 5 in 2018 to 10 in 2019.
Umm, newsflash?

It's literally what started this whole chain of Marcus posts. He said in the media call he had a down year tackling and needs to work on it.

But thanks for bringing us up to to date.

I'm just saying when he does a good job he does BUT he don't show up when it count. Let's go back to the game in Minnesota where he whiffed and cost us the game to go to Philly and he held on to Kittle mask for dear life adding 15 yards so San Fran could win last year. He don't know how to freaking tackle. Cmon man. That's all I'm saying

Bad takes all over the place here. He needs to work on his tackling, and the Miracle was a rookie mistake, but I'll defend him for that Kittle play every time. Here's some beginner science for you. Marcus Williams is a 195 lbs, Kittle is 249 lbs. Do the math. He has three inches and 50 odd pounds on MW. Strength and reach will always win out in this sport. That's on Allen for not putting the proper players in the proper position, another common trend with his defenses. The Sanders catch you referenced? Watch it again, that play is on Bell. The dude got taken out of his shoes and Williams had to try and clean up his mess.

Bad takes all over the place here. He needs to work on his tackling, and the Miracle was a rookie mistake, but I'll defend him for that Kittle play every time. Here's some beginner science for you. Marcus Williams is a 195 lbs, Kittle is 249 lbs. Do the math. He has three inches and 50 odd pounds on MW. Strength and reach will always win out in this sport. That's on Allen for not putting the proper players in the proper position, another common trend with his defenses. The Sanders catch you referenced? Watch it again, that play is on Bell. The dude got taken out of his shoes and Williams had to try and clean up his mess.
A rookie mistake really????? Thats laughable but ok

Maybe try tackling instead of grabbing the facemask.

OrneryIdealKomododragon-size_restricted.gif
Yeah that is pretty bad. Focus on his initial descent on Kittle. Hands goes up to the head area bc of his reaction to the stiff arm. At no point is there any basic fundamental skill of tackling 101. I like Marcus as a player, and I think he is a good ball player, but when he makes a boneheaded play, it’s cringeworthy. It’s just one of those things where he a few bad plays overshadows his good plays. If he could just eliminate those, then all would be well.

Last edited:
Ceedy Duce already gave up the first down so how was that play Marcus' fault?
Not to mention that Vonn Bell, who had the initial coverage, could have tackled him well behind the first down, but totally whiffed after he got faked out of his jockstrap. But let's just look at the Simple solution and put it all on Williams.

Quit acting the fool, please. And threadjacking for personal self-defense from fair critiques kind of makes you look Silly as well as being a board rules violation. Well, Silly is your namesake.
But you all let other people say things on here but I'm the one that gets a say warning or what have you really? I didn't curse anyone or say anything derogatory but please come after me. I'm looking silly, oh my name has silly in it. Thank you sir. 🤷🏾‍♂️

But you all let other people say things on here but I'm the one that gets a say warning or what have you really? I didn't curse anyone or say anything derogatory but please come after me. I'm looking silly, oh my name has silly in it. Thank you sir. 🤷🏾‍♂️
This board's primary rule has been, "It's not what you have to say, but how you say it". If you follow that advice and lose the snarky attitude, you'll be fine.

Damn, I don't remember it like that! Either way, even if you count that it's only 2 instances out of several years where he cost us a game so get over it. He does way more to help us win games than he has costing us games. This is just facts.

Those are the most visible because they came at the end of big games that may have cost us trips to the super bowl.

Umm, newsflash?

It's literally what started this whole chain of Marcus posts. He said in the media call he had a down year tackling and needs to work on it.

But thanks for bringing us up to to date.

I didn’t see the numbers posted and they aren’t in the tweet you posted. From what I can tell my post was new and relevant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom