Saints meet/interview players at combine (1 Viewer)

Frank The Rat

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Saints | Team meets with Reynaud
Sat, 23 Feb 2008 00:28:08 -0800
West Virginia WR Darius Reynaud said during his NFL Scouting Combine interview that he has met with the New Orleans Saints.
<hr>Saints | Team talks with Keller
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 14:04:30 -0800
University of Nebraska QB Sam Keller said that he has talked with the New Orleans Saints during the NFL Scouting Combine.

http://www.kffl.com/team/25/nfl

Anyone have any info on either of these players. I am not familiar with them at all. I wonder if Payton is considering drafting another young QB and letting Palko back up Brees.

Reynaud in some people eyes was the best player on WVU's offense. He is a playmaker.

Keller is the QB that started with ASU, but lost his starting job to Rudy Carpenter so he transfered to Nebraska. He was good, but lost his starting job b/c of an injury. He might be a good project for SP and someone for Brees to mentor.

reynaud played his highschool football at hahnville thats just bout all i know bout him. i dont think he was the best player on wv but he was def their best wr and he could be a good pick up durin the lata rounds

Reynaud wasn't hyped or used enough in the WVU offense, I think he'll be a quality receiver in the league.

Don't know much about Reynauld.
Keller might well be the answer at backup QB, but it would have to be a 4th I don't see him falling further. He is an interesting prospect who had to transfer there. A taller Drew Brees with a better arm but uncomprable in terms of accuracy.

let me tell you about Sam Keller, the guy shows up on game day. He has a qwirky throwing motion but the guy is smarter than hell. I liked his attitude and came into Nebr and did all the right mature things to fit into his roll. And even after his injury he paid his own way to away games to be there as a mentor to his backup qb, Joe Ganz. Had Nebr had a defense ,they would've made a run at the title, I believe. Sam was posting some serious passing yards. If I had to be critical of him , I would say that maybe he held onto the ball too long, but that was early in the year, BIll Callahan's offense was probably too technical, and Sam was new to his system. Anyway, I think he'd be a perfect player for Brees to mentor.

Last edited:
I somewhat remember Coach Payton saying at the last years draft that he wants to draft a QB and O-Lineman every year. This doesn't surprise me at all.

I love that with glaring needs on defense, the first two players we are meeting with are a QB and WR.

Sam Keller nearly led ASU to a season-opening win against LSU a couple seasons ago...katrina year...i kept thinking...this frickin guy is hitting every throw perfectly and under duress the entire game...think skyler green scored that 50 yarder with 10 seconds left that game just to get a win! cardiac kids!!! but yea Keller was a beast....big accurate arm.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom