Saints Meet with DT Kentwan Balmer (1 Viewer)

BWS

Reaction score
From kffl.com:

Saints | Team meets with Balmer
Tue, 15 Apr 2008

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the New Orleans Saints met with University of North Carolina DL Kentwan Balmer.

Last edited:
due dilligence

2nd Rounder, Yes. I want one of these guys in the second.

S - Kenny Philips
DT -K. Balmer
CB - Flowers
LB - Conner
LB - Lofton
LB - Mayo
WR - M Manningham
OT- Sam Baker
CB - Antonie Cason
DT - T. Laws
DT - P. Sims
TE - Fred Davis
CB - T. Porter
RB - Johnathan Stewart (I'm borderline, but a Top 20 pick with no health concerns)

I would be happy with anyone of these upgrades, but we never get who I want :)

Balmer in the second round would be a great pick

I know why a lot of you guys are down on Balmer, but I don't think he's a Sullivan clone by a long shot. For one, have you ever seen a picture of this guy? They look nothing alike and he looks to keep up with his body, something Sully never tried to do.

Second, instead of saying the guy only made an impact his last year, look into a little deeper.....he had a new coaching staff with Butch Davis come in before his senior season. Did any of you ever think that a change in philosophy is what allowed him to become a more dominant threat?

10 is definately too high for him, but, IMO, he gets dogged for idiotic reasons and if anyone did research on the guy can form an educated opinion on the guy instead of just reading........"underachiever".....once or twice and labeling him with one of the biggest busts in recent memory.

2nd Rounder, Yes. I want one of these guys in the second.

S - Kenny Philips
DT -K. Balmer
CB - Flowers
LB - Conner
LB - Lofton
LB - Mayo
WR - M Manningham
OT- Sam Baker
CB - Antonie Cason
DT - T. Laws
DT - P. Sims
TE - Fred Davis
CB - T. Porter
RB - Johnathan Stewart (I'm borderline, but a Top 20 pick with no health concerns)

I would be happy with anyone of these upgrades, but we never get who I want :)

Well you can scratch off Mayo, Cason, Phillips and maybe Flowers. They will all be gone by the time we pick

I wanted to add TE Dustin Keller to my 2nd round list, but didn't know enough about him.

I agree with both of you that those guys MIGHT be gone, but who knows.

If we move down from 10 then he could very well be the pick.

The guy has some negatives but they are no greater then the negatives of the other guys in the draft.

I wanted to add TE Dustin Keller to my 2nd round list, but didn't know enough about him.

I agree with both of you that those guys MIGHT be gone, but who knows.

I know for a fact Phillips won't make it into the second round.

I know why a lot of you guys are down on Balmer, but I don't think he's a Sullivan clone by a long shot. For one, have you ever seen a picture of this guy? They look nothing alike and he looks to keep up with his body, something Sully never tried to do.

Second, instead of saying the guy only made an impact his last year, look into a little deeper.....he had a new coaching staff with Butch Davis come in before his senior season. Did any of you ever think that a change in philosophy is what allowed him to become a more dominant threat?

10 is definately too high for him, but, IMO, he gets dogged for idiotic reasons and if anyone did research on the guy can form an educated opinion on the guy instead of just reading........"underachiever".....once or twice and labeling him with one of the biggest busts in recent memory.

Excellent post.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom