Saints meeting with QBs (4 Viewers)

B4YOU

All-Pro
Reaction score

This is likely normal draft due diligence. However, I would not be shocked if we went OT at 16 and QB at 19. We are positioned just before LAC who needs a OT and Pitt that needs a QB. A rookie on a 5 yr contract let’s Loomis solve lots of cap issues. Winston’s contract is essentially a one year deal since it’s front loaded.

I would prefer OT and WR in the first for the record.

I hope they are just doing their due diligence but I don't know how their board is after Pickett & Willis. Jameis's deal can be seen as a prove it two-year deal or a "bridge contract". I'm hoping for the pragmatic OT/WR route with the first two.

Rather QB and WR at 16-19 than QB and OT if the team is seriously considering QB. A QB/OT combo is shelving one of the drafted players for a season, while not acquiring a top skill position player in the first round. You want to give the rookie QB a top WR to develop with for the future, while adding an immediate elite playmaker to the offense this year.

We don’t have a first next year so we need to make those two 1sts count and get the best players possible to win games.

If they draft Willis, Pickett, or Ridder, it’s gonna cost a 1st rounder… if they opt for Corral or Howell, that can happen in round 2.. or even 3 maybe.

I’m hoping they actually believe in Winston and this is all smokescreen…

However… if they really like Ridder, and select him… then they better draft Alec Pierce is round 2-3.

I’ve caught a little flack(nothing too bad) for wanting us to take a QB in the first round. I’ve also spoke my choice would be Matt Corral. With BB gone and knowing what we know about Trevor who may be gone I just haven’t heard the news what’s left. We have Jameis who we all think will be the starter and Book. CDA said he wanted Taysom to play more of the flex TE but till have some Swiss Army knife roles as well. We need a 3rd QB and one that can help push Jameis.

If they draft Willis, Pickett, or Ridder, it’s gonna cost a 1st rounder… if they opt for Corral or Howell, that can happen in round 2.. or even 3 maybe.

However… if they really like Ridder, and select him… then they better draft Alec Pierce is round 2-3.
If you think Corral is going to be there in the 3rd you are fooling yourself.

I’ve caught a little flack(nothing too bad) for wanting us to take a QB in the first round. I’ve also spoke my choice would be Matt Corral. With BB gone and knowing what we know about Trevor who may be gone I just haven’t heard the news what’s left. We have Jameis who we all think will be the starter and Book. CDA said he wanted Taysom to play more of the flex TE but till have some Swiss Army knife roles as well. We need a 3rd QB and one that can help push Jameis.

We signed Andy Dalton. The QB room is Winston, Dalton and Book.

I don't see how Ridder gets drafted in the first 3 rounds.

But someone will foolishly pull the trigger.

I hope they are just doing their due diligence but I don't know how their board is after Pickett & Willis. Jameis's deal can be seen as a prove it two-year deal or a "bridge contract". I'm hoping for the pragmatic OT/WR route with the first two.
Someone please explain to me why the QB position THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION ON THE TEAM is so under appreciated on this forum? Even when you hear YOUR TEAM who YOU root for is looking into the position people are still in disbelief damn near denial about it.

A QB will be drafted the Saints may or may not be able to move up for the top one but they will indeed be drafting one.

New regime, this is not Payton's team so the moves the Saints make will not reflect the ones Payton has made in the past, the current Saints regime are making bold decisions on offense to kick start the new chapter and they've covered the basis with the resigning of Winston, TQS but those guys are temporary solutions as they will be adding a WR (which everybody can agree still needs talent) but also at QB ( which for whatever reason people don't want to upgrade).

Last edited:
Jameis’s deal is only 1-year. The Saints are interested in a QB.

Yeah. Any idea about the Saints’ preference on Ridder, Corral, Howell? I can’t see Pickett or Willis getting near 16.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom