Saints, Michael Thomas close on extension, team comfortable making him the highest paid receiver in the NFL (1 Viewer)

I am no expert, but doing a quick search seems to imply they are both of the same origin with the diff being one is the French name and one is the Italian name.

Both seem to have their origins in Ancient Rome.

And...

the English term would be fritter.

I don't ever take the "Wikipedia" entries as accurate. My info comes from 30+ years in the culinary field(restaurant, research & education) w/a deep dive into the history of food. I was speaking specifically about the NO style beignet. A beignet in France is a type of donut, but still not the sameas a US donut, or other fried confections. In the last 25+ years "creative" US chefs have invented all sorts of "original" dishes, by confusing technique, ingredients & names of dishes, w/absolutely NO KNOWLEDGE of culinary history or traditions. That has caused untold amounts of "conFusion cuisine".
Every country has some form, all are similar but NONE are the same. Zeppole, Navaho fry-bread, fritters(most) & funnel cake are all BATTER based.
NO style beignets, sopappilla & US style donuts(especially evident in the "cake"style) are DOUGH based.
Another thing that sepperates them is their original "fat" medium(which is also a main determining factor of the origins of many recipes). Scientifically & traditionally speaking they are similar but NOT the same thing. I can discourse on the Roman "origins" as well, but it's inappropriate on this forum.

That’s absolutely accurate.

Superstar QB, WR, RB, CB and OT.

Unfortunately you can’t pay them all top dollar.

However, you have to sign MT regardless of how you see the future going with guys like Ram, Kamara and Latt. He’s too valuable. Gotta maybe overpay a little to keep him as an asset.

I’d pay MT ahead of Kamara if another Joker/Satellite RB can be found in the next draft. Swift from UGA and Etiene from Clemson fit the mold

I don't ever take the "Wikipedia" entries as accurate. My info comes from 30+ years in the culinary field(restaurant, research & education) w/a deep dive into the history of food. I was speaking specifically about the NO style beignet. A beignet in France is a type of donut, but still not the sameas a US donut, or other fried confections. In the last 25+ years "creative" US chefs have invented all sorts of "original" dishes, by confusing technique, ingredients & names of dishes, w/absolutely NO KNOWLEDGE of culinary history or traditions. That has caused untold amounts of "conFusion cuisine".
Every country has some form, all are similar but NONE are the same. Zeppole, Navaho fry-bread, fritters(most) & funnel cake are all BATTER based.
NO style beignets, sopappilla & US style donuts(especially evident in the "cake"style) are DOUGH based.
Another thing that sepperates them is their original "fat" medium(which is also a main determining factor of the origins of many recipes). Scientifically & traditionally speaking they are similar but NOT the same thing. I can discourse on the Roman "origins" as well, but it's inappropriate on this forum.

As if 30+ years in the culinary field is more important than ALL the folk who can edit Wiki to their liking!

I kid, I kid.

But, I was only referencing the history of these items, not their current "status".

Both because that was the original discussion of her post as well as your mention of their history.

So...

where do honey buns fit in all of this?

I think on wiki, they reference an ancient honey kingdom where all had great derrieres.

I kid, I kid... :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom