Saints Saints' Michael Thomas fined $10k from Washington Game (1 Viewer)

BiloxiSaint1

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
The NFL is crazy. He didn't get flagged - or am I wrong? Didn't they say delay of game on the flag? So now guys can't trash talk on the field?

"The NFL fined New Orleans Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas $10,026 for unsportsmanlike conduct in last Monday's win over Washington.

Thomas was flagged for taunting late in the second quarter on the play in which Drew Brees broke the NFL's all-time passing yardage record.

On the play, when wide receiver Tre'Quan Smith scored a 62-yard touchdown, Thomas was running downfield before turning around and saying something to Washington cornerback Josh Norman.

Norman and other Washington defensive backs took issue with some of Thomas' trash talk during the game."

https://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2018/10/saints_michael_thomas_fine.html

Last edited:
Maybe Gayle will pay it ??

Shouldn’t he have been flagged if it was so bad?

Maybe Gayle will pay it ??

Shouldn’t he have been flagged if it was so bad?

I could have sworn the refs announced the flag was a delay of game for excessive celebration, but I just went back and checked the NFL.com play-by-play log and it shows the penalty was on Mike Thomas for taunting. Still a fine seems silly.

Josh Norman can dish it out but is a crybaby and can't take it. The fine is preposterous. :idunno:

I know it was confusing at the time but it's been talked about so I'm surprised some are just learning about the "taunting" flag.

I'm just learning about it because I went no further than the first few posts on the Thomas vs Norman tweet battle threads. My thought process went from "receiver and cornerback smack talkin'" to "nothing to see here" in about 30 seconds and I never read the numerous other pages in the threads. That'll teach me! Lol

I could have sworn the refs announced the flag was a delay of game for excessive celebration, but I just went back and checked the NFL.com play-by-play log and it shows the penalty was on Mike Thomas for taunting. Still a fine seems silly.
i think i "imagined" the same, but now am pretty sure it was just the announcers speculation
i don't think we ever saw the ref make the call

I guess wearing a ski mask is allowed? Iol...

NFL uniform policy is weird.

In 2016 NFL collected 35 million from 311 players. I’m sure 2018 will shatter this nbr.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom