Saints' Mickey Loomis says he doesn't know why Sean Payton trade reports keep popping up (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
snews.gif

By Josh Katzenstein, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

MOBILE, Ala. -- At this point, with Sean Payton interviewing assistant coaching candidates at the Senior Bowl, it's undoubtedly clear he will coach the New Orleans Saints again in 2017.

The Saints won't be trading him, a possibility that has been reported each of the past two years, and general manager Mickey Loomis said Tuesday there's no truth to the reports.

"It's all inaccurate," Loomis said in his first public comments since July. "I haven't talked to anybody about it. I don't know where that stuff comes from, to b

Loomis also said he doesn't know why these reports regarding Payton continue to arise.

"I don't know the answer to that, but you can go around the league and look and see all kinds of things like that," he said. "They come up, and look, we're a business that everybody's interested in. And any time (there is) a rumor or somebody reports something -- no matter how farfetched it may seem -- it gets reported. And then once it gets on the internet, it spreads. And look, I get asked questions all the time about things that just seem so out of left field, but that's the nature of the business."...

Full Story - NOLA.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom